Extraterrestrial life/ Alien life?

Extraterrestrial life is life that does not originate from Earth. It is unknown whether or not life exists on other planets in our solar system or beyond, but research scientists with organizations such as the Planetary Society and the SETI Institute do conduct searches for extraterrestrial life. NASA has sent missions to Mars to try to determine if life exists on the planet, but has not found definitive evidence one way or the other. Some scientists feel that the universe is so vast, it is improbable for life not to exist elsewhere.

They believe Venus, Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are the most likely places to harbor life in our solar system. Others contend that if life existed elsewhere in the universe, we would have found it by now. They believe Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life. I believe that extraterrestrial life is real. It wouldn’t make any sense that the human race is the only race in the universe.

1. Why should we look for life on other planets? 
  2. Why shouldn't we look for life?
  3. Do you believe that extraterrestrial life is real?

Sources:

How NASA could determine aliens are real and tells the world

Extraterrestrial life | Definition, SETI, & Facts | Britannica

Extraterrestrial Life News and Research - Scientific American

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I personally think that there is not any extraterrestrial life out there. I feel there is no need to go to other planets looking for extra life. It would be a waste of resources in my opinion. Even if there was life out there we would still have to figure out how to communicate with them.

• I believe that there are aliens. I think it is important to find other life on different planets. Because if we do fine planets with the life we can live with them and have more planets to live on. Plus we can learn about their way of life, civilization, and technology.  

• I believe that extraterestrial life is entirely possible in a universe that is everexpanding it is compleatly possible with just how big and expansive the univers is

• I guess we should look for life on other planets because if we find it, then they could be smarter than us. A reason not to would be that it could be dangerous and many people could die. It also might be a waste of time because it might not exist. I do not believe tha extraterrestrial life it real but that it just my opinion.

• I do think that there is other beings out there but i'm not sure if they look how we picture them. I don't think we should look for life because some things don't need to be discovered. there might be dangerous things out there that are hiden for a reason.

• I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. NASA is very secretive of what they have found, but I think that it’s a good thing to protect the people from the truth. They also want to look for another planet as a catching net if and when there is a terrible event,we can flee or protect ourselves.

• In this infinite universe the probabiltiy of life on other plants in almost 100%. Somewhere out there is life waitng to be found. Space is too big for us to be the only ones. The fact is life already exists on other plants such as mars and jupiter in the form of bacteria.

• i think we should look for life on other planets because it feels weird knowing possibly that we are the only planet with life. I believe that there are aliens out there some where i also think that if there is we could learn alot about them. we could learn a lot about their technology and if they have ways to cure some of our diseases. I just think that we could learn alot about them if they are really out there.

• I think we look for other life forms on other planets because of curiosity. WE should look for it to prove to ourselfs that we are right about other life forms. One reasone we should not look for it is becuase it might be dangrous. And could hurt us or our earth very badly. I do believe that there is extraterrestrial life out there somewhere. There has to be it might not be close or it could be right next to us.. 

•  I agree looking for other planets but not necessarily life on the planets. Can we find other life forms, but I think that it’s a good thing to protect the people from the truth. I think the biggest problem of space travel is the unknown and not being able to communicate with other life and a miscommunication that can cause us to flee or protect ourselves.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker