Every couple of years, I like to ask students to fill out a teacher evaluation. Most of what I do in my classes is based on feedback from students over the years. I truly appreciate student's opinions, both positive and negative, and actually use them to make myself a better teacher and my classroom a better place to learn.

Please try to comment on things we do in class such as forum posts/leaders, weekly blogs, groups tests, verbal tests, projects, etc. when answering the questions below. If you would prefer to email me directly instead of commenting here, that is fine as well.

1. What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?

2. What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from.

3. My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain.

4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? 

Also, if you have time, head on over to Rate My Teacher and rate me there as well. I am currently at a 4.61/5.00 which is great!

Thanks for your comments!!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I enjoy the way you teach, always getting the information across and even giving out extra information. I also enjoy the way we take test and the projects. You do a good job overall and the class room is always a fun environment, but if I had to change one thing I would do without the 25 forum post. We could still do them but maybe not  make it a requirement and use it as extra credit? Yes, you are always fair when it comes to homework and late assignments and consistent. I like the way you teach and think that its pretty equally led with projects and teaching. 

• I enjoyed the teaching style that you use by making us do projects to teach the class about the decade or wars. You went over everything berywell in the call and I walked away understanding what happened in that event and not being confused. I feel you have accomplished your goal and you were very passionate about what you were saying which kept me engaged. I like more when you lead the class but that is because I dont wanna have more Homework to do but the projects were fun.  

• I enjoy coming to your class every day, first listening to music, and then learning about stuff that you make interesting by the way you teach us. One thing that bothers me sometimes is when you get of topic, even though it is fun it hurts us when we only got 1 day to present our decades project. I feel you have well achieved this goal by being far to everyone, you dont pick favorites and that is what i like about you. I like a mix of both as we kinda did this year, when you teach some weeks and sometimes we teach. 

• No doubt the Decades Projects were rushed and hurt the quality of them.

• I enjoy doing the projects and group work with history. I think you are a really fair teacher and everyone has the same opportunities to do well. I think for world  history once you know what works and doesn't work it will be a lot smoother. I think you are a very fair and consistent teacher. I like when you lead the class for really major events so we understand what actually happened rather then a student trying to understand it. 

• I enjoyed how you expanded on all of your topics we went through and you were very enthusiastic about each and everyone. I thought you did well on giving second chances to everyone. I think you need so slow down more and ask for question about the topic more often. I fully agree that you did very good on being fair to everyone as everyone got the same opportunities! I prefer you lead the class more because you get into more detail and hit big points.
  • I enjoy the music before class starts. It puts everyone in a good mood. I enjoy the positive atmosphere. I prefer doing the group tests because it relieves some stress and it is easier to remember information. I like the weekly blogs and notes because it is easy to catch up on missed information and its easy points that help out the grade a lot. I thought you taught very well-- you make it interesting and fun. You show you know the information, if not more, and act like you really want to be teaching.  I think you reached your goals. You show you are interested in what others find interesting, and that is important in teachers.  I like the mixture of you lecturing and the student based. One thing that could be improved is the podcasts. They don't match up with power points and it was often hard to follow. I think it should be updated every couple of years. 

• You make a great point about the podcasts. It comes down to the fact that I would have to do them new every year as I change my Powerpoints a bit and I really don't want to do that as they do take a lot of time.

• 1. I enjoyed that you are laid back and allow food in your class. I also like the group tests. Your the only teacher that does the group tests. Since you are up beat and very engaging in your teaching I feel I have learned more than when the teacher isn't. 

2. I feel that having the desks facing the board so we don't have to turn our heads to the side all the time. 

3. I think that you have indeed accomplished those goals.

4. I like it more when you lead the class because I personally don't like speaking in front of the class. I also feel that if your teaching that you can say what you want with out interrupting us. 

• The reason I turn the desks is so that the presenter is the one that people are focusing on not the board. I don't want to stand in front of the room all the time so that's why I do that. Your argument makes complete sense though. I understand.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker