Every couple of years, I like to ask students to fill out a teacher evaluation. Most of what I do in my classes is based on feedback from students over the years. I truly appreciate student's opinions, both positive and negative, and actually use them to make myself a better teacher and my classroom a better place to learn.

Please try to comment on things we do in class such as forum posts/leaders, weekly blogs, groups tests, verbal tests, projects, etc. when answering the questions below. If you would prefer to email me directly instead of commenting here, that is fine as well.

1. What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?

2. What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from.

3. My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain.

4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? 

Also, if you have time, head on over to Rate My Teacher and rate me there as well. I am currently at a 4.61/5.00 which is great!

Thanks for your comments!!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It was a good class, I learned a lot about World History. You really stepped up for your first year of teaching World History. I think you run your class very well so good job. I think you have achieved those goals this year. I prefer when it's both student project based and when you lead the class it is good to mix it up. 

• I enjoyed this class very much, it was very fun class. I enjoyed that we learned in many different ways. As a teacher you did very well making sure we have everything we need to pass the class. I think some things you could do to improve the class is not have us reply to so many forum post. I think that you have been very fair and consistent throughout the year to everybody. I prefer when you lead the class because you are the man, the myth, the legend.

• 1. I liked how we didn't pack on the work and not have lot to do outside of class other than forum posts. You did well making sure we understand the content and were able to learn from the class.

2. More free time so we don't have to do anything. Talk more about world events at the beginning of the class time each day. 

3. Yes you have done a great job of this. 

4. I liked when it is a mixture of both where you help us learn a little, but at the same time where we have to do some learning and presenting by ourselves. 

• 1. I liked the discussions and just having a relaxed atmosphere.

2. I like everything we do except for forum posts.

3. Yes I feel like you do all these things great. To me there is not a more fair teacher in the school and no one is as passionate about what they teach.

4. I kind of prefer it when you lead. But, I do really like the mix of each, so keep having students do some stuff.

• I enjoyed this class, it was very fun but we did it in a learning way. I liked how if you had a question he has the answer for you right way. I think he is a great teacher dont have anything to say negative about you. Yes he accomplished all two goals. I liked when he leaded the class but i also like when we got to work together.

• i loved the calss it was lit. You were fair and fun. this class was the highlight of my day everyday. ehh i dont really have any complaints. you are fair as i said and one of the only teachers that i feel like wants to be here. i like both ways.

• I enjoy his class, because I liked knowing what was going on in the world. he is a very good teacher. I think don't think that there is much to improve on I like how he teaches. he knows what he is talking about. I feel like he is a very fair, and passion teacher. I liked when he leads the class, but I also enjoy working with other students on projects.

• I really liked this class because you make it easy and fun to understand. You know the material and don't try to convince us of your opinion. You're always open to listen. I think the only thing that I really didn't like about this class was forum posts because it's hard to find time for them. I actually like doing them and I see how they are purposeful but sometimes I just forget to do them. I really think you did well this year with how you teach and how passionate you are about the topics. It's very clear you know what you're doing and you love what you do. I like when you lead because you make it interesting and fun to learn but I also like projects and student based information. I like it when you lead more but both are good.

• 1. I enjoyed the news and the happy atmosphere.

2. Less of the grade should be on forum posts.

3. You have exceeded your goals.

4. I like everything in the class. 

• I did really enjoy your class this year. It is really easy to learn the topics and you have many study options which makes it very easy to study for tests. I also like how passionate you are about history and that you teach all the content in a way that is easy to learn. I really wouldn't change anything about you or your class. I think you did a great job teaching about history. I do feel like you have accomplished those goals. You never discriminated against any student and you treated us all very fairly in everything. I like when it is student project based because I feel like I learn more when I research and learn about things on my own. I think you do a good job about having an even amount of projects that the students do, but also a fair amount of time that you teach us. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker