Ebola Virus

Dr. Senga Omeonga and physician assistant Kynda Kobbah were discharged from a liberian treatment center on Saturday after recovering from the virus, ebola. These people were giving this treatment called ZMapp- an experimental drug that’s saved two American lives from ebola.

Officials say that early treatment is key to recovery. Both indicated that they will return to work soon. The WHO says that they were received by liberia’s president after being discharged. A third person who was infected and treated with ZMapp died last sunday. The virus has spread to five countries in West Africa, liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Senegal.

Should they give the people that are infected ZMapp? Why or why not?

For full story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I get what you are saying. But what if there is already a 90% chance of them that  will probably die no matter what. Then you might as well take ZMapp.

• They cannot just give people zmapp its not been certified or fully tested and they do not no if it is possibly harmful or not 

• If it was certified, then would you give it to people?

• I believe that if they are in the early stages, give it to them. 4 people have had this treatment, and have survived. Even though 1 person didn't survive, that's still a 4:1. I believe that is doing very good things and I think it will continue to work as long as you catch it early enough.

• No, I would not give them the drug unless they are to the point of dying. I also think that the people affected by Ebola should be able to choice if they want the drug or not.

• No. They shouldn't give it to other people because it is still a test drug and they don't know all of the side affects and they don't know how it acts on different people. It is too risky to chance on people.

• If you have the virus the doctor should ask you and if you wanna take the zmapp then its you choice.

• I would say yes, but it is still in the testing phase. 2 out of 3 people treated with it survived. If more people survive from the treatment, then I think it can be fully used.

• I do not think they should start to give it to people. I think they should do more testing and see what happens for different people.

• I think they should slowly start giving it to a few people just to be sure that it is safe.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker