Ebola Quarantine

Over the weekend some governors sat down to discuss an Ebola policy. The policy says that anyone that had direct contact with Ebola patients in West Africa but be quarantined for 21 days. So far this is only seen in New York, New Jersey, and Illinois. Florida has started some form of policy and Virginia is going to put in effect a policy sometime this week. Some doctors are saying that there should be even stricter protocols. 

Original Website

Do you think this is a good policy? Why or why not? Also, do you think more states should have this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good summary and question but you didn't reply to anyone which is worth 10/25 points per article.

• I do agree because you dont know if you have it or not. I do think that more states should have this so that way it doesnt spread.

• Yes, because it's keeps others safe the deadly diease and it tests to see if they have Ebola and if they did they would not spread it and so they can be treated.

• Yes I think it is so it doesn't become a wide spread through the US. I think every state should have it for safety.

• Yes I think that this is a good policy, if we want to stop the spread of Ebola there are specific things we will have to do it will help us find the sick people and keep them from others. I believe that all states should have this installed at some point for the safety of the people.

• To an extent yes. They need to make sure that they are infected before they hold them hostage it's not fair to keep them locked up for no reason
  • Yes, I think it is a good policy because it will help reduce the number of people with the disease, and if they have it, they won't get near anyone else.

• I think that this is a great policy because if their 21 days is up and they come to contact with people they are just spreading the virus more and more and more then those people could get sick and they will do the exact same thing. 

• Yes, I think this is a good policy, because it is making sure they are not contagious, and won't spread it to anyone else. I think more states should have this policy, it is smart.

• Yes, I think this is a good idea and think they other states should get these because I think it is better to be on the safe side and have the policies so that if they are needed we can continue to try and keep it contained.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker