Dog Food Recall Due to Euthanasia Drug

In Iowa there isn't a real concern about this dog food recall. If you live in California though, there is a serious concern. Coco Licious, a small dog food based company if California is recalling their dog food due to some cans coming back testing positive for pentobarbital. Pentobarbital is serious because this is a drug that is used to euthanize dogs (put them down). Right now there is no confirmed deaths to any pets, but if smaller dogs do eat this dog food there is enough pentobarbital for them to die. 

1) If you regularly bought this dog food, would you continue buying or switch dog food brands? Why or why not?

2) What kind of compensation should people get that buy this product?

I would not continue to buy this because obviously this dog food brand isn't serious about the safety of the pets of the owners they sell to.

I think everyone that buys this needs to get their money back and if their dog gets sick they should sue. 

Link To Story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• I would see how my dog is reacting, then go off that. I think that if you have bought that product then you should get your money back if you are in the state that it happened in.

• I would switch because I wouldn't want my dog to die. They should get money or free dog food of their choice. 

• I would probably switch after hearing that. that is terrible! I feel like people would get mad if that ended up killing a dog i mean that is terrible! Also i think that they should reimburse them or something because this is terrible this should never happen to anyone!

• I would switch brands knowing the amount could kill my pet.

I wouldn't ask for compensation. I would feel like it was my fault after knowing the brand had some of the chemical in it. 

• 1) I'd immediately switch dog food brands, I wouldn't want to risk the death of my dog(s)

2) I agree that they should be able to get their money back or something in return. If my dog got sick or died I would quickly blame them and even sue them.

• I would probably switch brands because  I wouldn't want to give them something that could kill them. I think that they should be able to get a refund for the food.

• I agree with you i would switch brands so i dont harm the dogs and also i would hope the people get a refund for the food

• If I bought this dog food, I would get rid of it and buy a different brand because I would not want my dog to get really sick from this. If a dog happened to die from this food, I think the owner should try to get justice and sue the company. I also think that people who bought this should be able to get a refund for the food.

• I agree with you but i would send the food back so i could get a refund not get rid of it. I agree with you that if a dog got sick and died they should be able to sue or something

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker