Dog Food Recall Due to Euthanasia Drug

In Iowa there isn't a real concern about this dog food recall. If you live in California though, there is a serious concern. Coco Licious, a small dog food based company if California is recalling their dog food due to some cans coming back testing positive for pentobarbital. Pentobarbital is serious because this is a drug that is used to euthanize dogs (put them down). Right now there is no confirmed deaths to any pets, but if smaller dogs do eat this dog food there is enough pentobarbital for them to die. 

1) If you regularly bought this dog food, would you continue buying or switch dog food brands? Why or why not?

2) What kind of compensation should people get that buy this product?

I would not continue to buy this because obviously this dog food brand isn't serious about the safety of the pets of the owners they sell to.

I think everyone that buys this needs to get their money back and if their dog gets sick they should sue. 

Link To Story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would switch my dog food brand because I would never trusted their brand again and wouldn't want to give my dog their food again in fear that it will still have the drug in it and might kill my dog. I think people that buy this brand should get their money back and if their pet does die or get sick than they should be able to sue them and get money. 

• I agree with you there is no way that i would be able to trust the dog food brand anymore because they allowed this to happen. I agree that they should get their money back for the dog food

• I would definitely switch brands, I dont want anything to happen to my dog. This company messed up once, why wouldn't they again? Id say money to pay for the food they had bought.

• I would also switch dog brands because i wouldnt want to put my pet in any danger. I agree that they should refund them for the food they bought

• switch since they have found pentobarbital in the dog food I would change to a dog food brand that doesn't have pentobarbital. Refunds? I don't really know for this situation maybe 1,000 to all persons who bought the food but that's all I can think.

• I agree with you that the people should switch brands and also i dont know how much they should refund them but 1000 sounds a little excessive

• If I bought this frequently for my dogs I would definitely stop because I love my dogs with all of my heart. I wouldn't want to be a contributing reason to why they die. I think everyone that buys this product should get a compensation of like free treatment for their dog if it got sick due to it.

• I would also stop buying this dog food because i wouldnt want anything to happen to my pets. I agree that i wouldnt want to be the reason that my pet passed away

• I would change the dog food because I wouldn't want my dog to die. I also think people need to get money back

• I would definitely switch to another dog food brand, because personally  i love my dog, and i dont want him to die. I think that the people who got this food for their dog, and their dog died from consuming it, they should sue the company for not doing quality control on their food

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker