Does Biden care more about his world image than the US

If you have watched the news lately you will see that Ohio is having some problems with the train derailment. The train was carrying more than 115,000 gallons of vinyl chloride, a very dangerous chemical known to cause very rare cancers. Ohioans cried out to the federal government for financial aid to hire workers to help clean up the mess. However, help took 3 long weeks to arrive, although most think help came too late. The soil has been polluted and the air still carries traces of vinyl, concerns rise about where these contaminants could end up. 

Inflation in America has been on the rise ever since Biden was elected and even before. As of now inflation is up to 9.1 percent from last year alone for and overall 21.1% since 2010. President Bideb has tried to deflect this by citing the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 as a way to address the problem. However this act has not yielded any complimenting data just yet. While all this is happening, Biden sends billions of dollars of foreign aid to Ukraine, $40 billion in total. A $40 billion most people think could have been better spent in aiding America. 

Many allied countries still to this day have mixed views on the president with most leaning towards blind approval. However, Biden's approval rating domestically is only 38%. 75% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track, not approving of Biden's policies. Biden wants the world to see him in a more positive light so he donates large amounts of money to foreign countries in hopes of increasing his world view. Saying himself that America will lead the world once again. 

I personally believe that there is some merit to these claims. However, I think that Biden does care about America; he is just not doing the right things for this country. 

What do you guys think about this view on biden.

Inflation link . 

biden's faults 

The worlds views on biden

what Americans think 

Bidens foreign policy

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it is very clear that the President of the United States of America definitely cares about his country. However, it is also clear to me that Joe Biden cares too much about his self-image. Just donating money is not gonna do the job.

• I agree. He is donating way to much money to other countries like ukraine for how the US is doing at the moment.

• I think that he cares about the United States. However, I think that he cares about his self-image more.  I think that his presidency is driven by the need to boost his self-image.  I do not think that he makes the right decisions all of the time. I do not agree with some of his decisions. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker