Do electric vehicles serve a purpose?

A lot of people have been thinking about getting an electric car. Some people think they are more environtmentally friendly and make a huge impact on pollution. I don't understand the joy in charging your car and having to wait hours on end. The fact that you have to wait for hours is a huge pain. I think that electric cars are a joke and a liberal scam.

Electric cars may seem to be effective but they truely are not. It creates lots of pollutants manufacturing the batteries. Also, some of the charging stations for electric cars are powered by diesel generators. It is so pointless to get electricity from diesel. It is probably creating more pollutants if anything. Electric vehicles also to not make the torque and power that gas and diesel would. I think that teslas are cheap made and do more harm to the environment than good. I would never ever consider buying anything EV.

Do electric vehicles help the environment?

Would you ever buy an electric vehicle?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think electric cars are more beneficial for the environment, because they still pollute the earth by burning coal to get their energy to charge. Personally I would not get an electric car because it doesn't seem logical to drive in a small town, but if I lived in a bigger town where there was more charging stations then I might consider it.

• I don't think electric cars are that much better for the environment because they get most of their energy from burning coal. Gas and diesel cars have emissions so they don't let out all the bad toxins into the air. I might own an electric car if they get more range and charge faster.

• If they changed the way they have to charge and stuff then yeah I think they would be better. If it's worse no, if it pollutes not as much as normal cars then I guess so. These cars are still kinda new and I think that they will make improvements over time.

• I don't think electric vehicles help the environment because they use up resources and they pollute our land after the batteries are no longer useful. I wouldn't like to buy an electric vehicle because it might blow up.

• I think that electrical vehicles might help the environment is some ways. For example, it would help the environment if it was powered by solar power or something that isn't very harmful. I think that if I could afford an electric vehicle, I would buy it.

• I do think that elecrtric vehicles help the enviroment because it can help improve fuel economy, and also it can lower fuel costs so in my oppinis yes it would really help.

• I think that eletic cars are worse for the enivorment knowing that they use worse rescoures that are not made for that much use in the daily world. I would never buy a eletric car for the reasoning of I do not want to have to charge my car for a long time on a road trip.

• I think that they could help the environment, especially if it could be changed so that it could charge by something like solar power. I think that if I did some research I would be fine with buying and using an electric vehicle. Only if I think it is my best option and if I could aford it.

• I think electric cars can possibly help the environment although if everyone were to get an electric the power grid would currently not be able to sustain all of the electricity everyone is trying to get. Also, it doesn't take hours to charge an electric car it takes about 15 minutes to charge a car up to 200 miles at a charging station.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker