Disabled Dog Saves Owners Life

While home alone a Vietnam veteran, Billy Collins, slipped and fell inside his home. His  ten year old boxer-pitbull mix, Chance, suffers from hip dyspepsia. Billy said that when he fell that last thing he saw and remembers was the floor. It was then that Chance took action and refused to let his hip dyspepsia get in his way. He opened the screen door and then jumped over the fence and when to the neighbors house to find help for Billy. When the neighbors saw Chance at the door and covered in blood they knew something was wrong. They went back to Billy's home and when they knocked no one answered, so they went in they saw Billy on the floor. Billy stated "I've never seen him jump that fence," and thanks Chance every day for saving his life. Now the two are even closer than ever.

Do you believe that your pet would do this for you, even if he/she isn't disabled? Why or why not?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, because if you take care of your animals they will take care of you!!!!!

• My dog probably would do this because my dog senses when people are hurt.

• My dog would never do this, he has a hip problem too, he would just sit there until h is hungry

• My dog most likely would not do this. She is very protective over this, but my dog could not jump over a fence. 

• My dog probably wouldn't do this. My dog isn't the most intelligent animal and probably would just stare at me. 

•         my pet would probably not do this.  even if he/she was disabled. because it probably won't help me

• its amazing what animals can do and what the pet can do. I feel like some dogs would do it they can tell when something is wrong.

• Great job!!

• I believe that a pet has the ability to do that. If they love there owners they will do whatever it takes. The pets would put there owner first then there self.

• I think this is a very heart warming story. If I owned Chance I would be very proud, he seems like a very loyal and loving dog. I am surprised that the dog could get up and walk and even more-so that he could jump the fence.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker