Defunding the Police

In the 1960s people started the movement knows as defund the police. People wanted to take money from cops and law enforcement while at the same time reduce crime in the United States. The slogan however became common in protests of George Floyd in May of 2020.

People all around the globe took the money away from police and would you know it, crime went up. People then realized why cops need money so the people gave them more money and then crime lowered and finally people realized that police need money to protect the place that they are set to roam. If people really did take all of the money away from police it would lead to more chaos and increase crime in areas that are already seeing increased crime in that area.  

Personally I am not a fan of defunding the police or for it because they are there to protect us and protect society but if we take that away then it will get alot worse because without money means not enough access to resources to train those who join the police force, and that leads to more casualties in the world and we don't need anymore of that because police already risk their lives for us.

What are your thoughts on defunding the police?

Do you support the movement or not?

https://nationalpolicesupportfund.com/issues/defunding-police/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police#:~:text=In%20the%201960s%2C%20activists%20such,sorts%20for%20the%20defund%20movement%22

https://nationalpolicesupportfund.com/issues/defunding-police/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CDefund%20the%20police%E2%80%9D%20means%20reallocating,to%20lack%20of%20accessible%20funds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police#:~:text=The%20%22defund%20the%20police%22%20slogan,the%20murder%20of%20George%20Floyd

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think defunding the police would only cause more problems. The police are there to help you and protect you, and taking them away would make everything worse. People are already doing illegal stuff when they know they can get caught. If we defund the police people would go crazy.

• Defunding the police honestly sounds crazy to me because they are really only there to help people. If you are robbed, injured, in need of assistance, or just scared, you can call the police. A big thing that a lot of people misunderstand is that jsut because one cop does one bad thing, does not mean that all cops are bad. Defunding the police is an unrealistic movement because it will only lead to people being more unfairly treated.

• It is super crazy because we need protection and they are there to do their job.

• I don't think that we should stop funding the police completely. If we defund the police our city's crimes will overall get worse and then people will complain the police aren't doing enough. If the police don't have the funding then they won't have the correct objects to fight the crimes happening in our cities today.

• I do not think defunding the police should happen at all. We need them to protect us and take care of bad people especially in today's world. People that want to defund the police are a bunch of low-lifes that want to commit crimes or have nothing else to do.

• They are just a bunch of low lifes that dont know what or how cops run or do things

• I do not think defunding the police should happen, not only is it stupid and chilidlish its dumb. Sad to see how bad people have got over the past couple of years because of, hate, raceism, and equailty, cops have a hard time and now this is putting the cherry on top.

• In my opinion, I don't think people should be defunding the police. If people think the police are racist and or not fair then don't talk to them unless needed or don't contact them. Just leave them alone and let them do their job. The police play a huge role in keeping our world safe. By taking the funding I think people will quit and we will have a shortage of police officers.

• I dont agree that we should defund the police. IF you think that the police are unfair or are racist then dont ask them for help. I noticed at most of the defund the police protest they were calling or getting the police over to protect them so I think that they just wanted something to protest about. 

• I find it stupid and i agree that they are just wanting something to protest about

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker