Defunding the Police

In the 1960s people started the movement knows as defund the police. People wanted to take money from cops and law enforcement while at the same time reduce crime in the United States. The slogan however became common in protests of George Floyd in May of 2020.

People all around the globe took the money away from police and would you know it, crime went up. People then realized why cops need money so the people gave them more money and then crime lowered and finally people realized that police need money to protect the place that they are set to roam. If people really did take all of the money away from police it would lead to more chaos and increase crime in areas that are already seeing increased crime in that area.  

Personally I am not a fan of defunding the police or for it because they are there to protect us and protect society but if we take that away then it will get alot worse because without money means not enough access to resources to train those who join the police force, and that leads to more casualties in the world and we don't need anymore of that because police already risk their lives for us.

What are your thoughts on defunding the police?

Do you support the movement or not?

https://nationalpolicesupportfund.com/issues/defunding-police/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police#:~:text=In%20the%201960s%2C%20activists%20such,sorts%20for%20the%20defund%20movement%22

https://nationalpolicesupportfund.com/issues/defunding-police/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CDefund%20the%20police%E2%80%9D%20means%20reallocating,to%20lack%20of%20accessible%20funds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police#:~:text=The%20%22defund%20the%20police%22%20slogan,the%20murder%20of%20George%20Floyd

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It is super dumb and pitty because they are there for a reason

• I am not for defunding the police. If the police are defunded then committing crimes becomes way less risky, so more crimes are committed. Many people want to defund the police because of what happend to George Floyd, but this incident doesn't mean that all cops are bad. 

• Just because some cops are bad doesn't mean all of them are. And we still need them no matter what they are the ones you can do something about bad people commiting crimes.

• I don't think that the police should be defunded. They risk their lives to keep you safe. If we defund them they might not be able to buy good gear which might cause them to have less safe equipment. The people saying defund the police are the same people that complain when they don't have to resources to get something done.

• I agree with you because they are there to protect us and try to make society better and not worse

• I don't think the police should be defunded. They literally risk their lives to save people they don't even know sometimes. I feel they earn their money because of what they do and people should be appreciative of that. So I don't support defunding the police.

• I don't think any town or city should ever defund the police. They help our community a lot and why would anyone not want that. It goes back to the saying a lot of people say when defunding the police comes up. Who are you going to call when you get robbed or there is an emergency?

• I think that defunding the police might be one of the worst movements. If the police system is failing then it would only make more sense to add more funding, so that the police get more training. People don't want to be police officers anymore because of the bad reputation they have. The police should be payed more.

• It is a super horrible movement because they are there to protect us not kill us.

• I think defunding the police is awful. I do not stand for it at all. If we didn't have our police system there would be many more casualties. There would be no one to enforce the laws and no one would follow them. I understand some police officers have made mistakes, but everyone makes mistakes and we should not assume all cops are bad because one cop is bad. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker