Death toll Rises for missing Himalayan hikers

The search for missing hikers in the Himalaya Mountains has rose to 39 dead. They had trouble when sudden heavy snowfall effected them. Rescue crews searched all the paths and trails that are on the Mountain. On Thursday 16 people were found and rescued and on the other side 14 were found. These people are Israelis, Nepalis and Poles people. They had climbed up on both sides of the mountain, climbing nearly 16,000 feet. As of Saturday 326 people have been rescued.

What do you think they thought when they saw this coming?

What would you do if you were stuck in an avalanche?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• Well i would most definitely die. and they probably thought they were dead as well 

• they were probably glad to seem them and to finally be rescued. If I was them I would try to survive and just try to find my way back 

• I agree that they were probably happy to see them and also if i was stuck I would try to get out and call for help.

• They probably had a little pray moment to God . they probably didn't know it was coming. i would pray that somebody would find me

• I think they were happy to see the avalanche. It would be pretty fun to see the avalanche im sure they felt very safe and secure when the avalanche was coming near them. If I was them I would of got the heck outta Dodge. 

• I think they were also happy but i dont think that they figured that they were going to get stuck or something.

• They probably pissed themselves. More or less the risk is why. they do it though, adrenaline

• Honestly, they probably thought that they were screwed. The Himalaya's are a very dangerous place and it is dangerous to attempt to climb them. THey new what they were getting into when they tried hiking it. 

As for what to do in an avalanche, you hope you survive the immediate impact, and if you end up buried you conserve your breathable air, found out which way is up, and then start digging.

• Yea i agree that they probably new what they were getting into. They are the biggest mountain chain also so they are very tall.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker