Death toll Rises for missing Himalayan hikers

The search for missing hikers in the Himalaya Mountains has rose to 39 dead. They had trouble when sudden heavy snowfall effected them. Rescue crews searched all the paths and trails that are on the Mountain. On Thursday 16 people were found and rescued and on the other side 14 were found. These people are Israelis, Nepalis and Poles people. They had climbed up on both sides of the mountain, climbing nearly 16,000 feet. As of Saturday 326 people have been rescued.

What do you think they thought when they saw this coming?

What would you do if you were stuck in an avalanche?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that when they saw the snow coming they thought they were going to die. If I were stuck in an avalanche I would try and ride it down the mountain and probably die.

• I don't think that you could ride an avalanche because you would just get stuck in it.

• They must of thought that is probably was the end of them. If i was stuck in this situation i would hope i would survive

• I think that they wouldn't know what to do. If there was a avalanche I would try to run away from where it is happening.

• I dont think you could run away from an avalanche because it is very fast and it could be wide spread.

• They were probably scared/freaked out. I would be scared. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker