Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I also believe that global warming is a very serious issue that we need to fully understand before we try to fix it because it could just be a natural cycle we can't stop or it could be our fault and we need to be the solution. The illnesses  won't all come at once because global warming has been happening for years and diseases have to travel a long ways from the glaciers.

• I think that its a pretty frightening issue but something we will always have to deal with. I think that the illnesses should be taken seriously by people and doctors and scientist should do everything they can to help prevent them. 

• I think there is not much that we can do to stop global warming so we just have to live with it. I think it is a scary thing because we don't know about them so we don't have a cure for it. 

• Alex I agree with you 100% because hey their is basically nothing you can do about global warming because it takes along time to fix it. I also think it's scary because their is nothing you can do  about it.

• I think global warming is a joke and is really not a thing but since the ice age the earth is clearly going to warm up and slowly is each day of each year. I think these newly released illnesses will make a hit for a little while but then get caught up and slowly depreciation down to a few cases a year.

• Why do you think that? The earth may be warming since the ice age but if it can warm then can't it also cool? We could have another ice age. Even if it starts slow the infected can spread illness to healthy people and then an entire country can be wiped out (europe and the black plague)

• I think that ever since the ice age, the earth has been warming. I think that global warming is something they made up years ago so they could sell more fuel efficient cars.

• I believe that it is a horrible thing but has gone too far now to be fixed. People stopped caring for the world and now that its getting worse people are caring but its too late. I think that it is scary that these diseases are being released but with the technology that we have we can find something to get rid of it again.

• I think that it is scary to think that some of earths most beautiful things in life can be destroyed because of us humans. I think it is terrifying to think that as these glaciers melt that there is an great chance of us catching a disease because of your own doings in life. I hope that scientist will be able to find cures for these diseases if they do spread. 

• I disagree with you because humans are just playing to course of life, this was all supposed to happen but we can't tell what the next 100's of years brings us. I do agree with you in the case of disease, i do hope that the scientist will find a cure as fast as they can so a huge outbreak does not occur.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker