Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• They could be very rare because we don't know what could be frozen in the ice. It's pretty scary to think about though because (like you said) it's not only diseases it could also be the animals that live in those areas.

• If they are rare diseases, that means a longer time to find vaccines. That could mean a lot of people getting ill and dying. It so frightening to think that this is happening and spreading near you. Hopefully its not too late to do something about global warming.

• I would have to agree with the rareness of the diseases. Who knows what could be in these glaciers. While these diseases may be coming out of the melting ice, other things may be coming out of the ice. If the earth got so cold that people froze, why can't it get so hot that people burn? The earth has many extremes and this may be one of them. 

• I think that global warming is bad and will effect the world negatively. I think that these new diseases will initially be an issue and a major problem until the scientists figure out how they work and then they won't do much.   

• I agree that these diseases will remain a major issue until scientists resolve it or find a vaccine. For us, it is important to take as many safety precautions as possible in order to stay healthy. We all know global warming is bad and impacts the world negatively but are we truly doing anything to fix it?

• Same i think that to and that it will all ways be around to hurt the world and tuff like that. Yeah because people are going to get these diseases and the doctors dont have meds for the people that have the illness and they have to wait until the scientist make a new vaccines 

• I agree that global warming is an issue that we need to figure out and now that we have found out that diseases can come from the glaciers melting it is just more of a reason to solve the problem.

• I think global warming is kind of a big deal that we need to try to stop from happening. I think the new diseases are kind of creepy because they could infect a lot of people in the matter of a week or even days. I think that we need to do everything we can to stop these diseases from spreading to other countries. 

• i agree with you  there will always be global warming and there is really  no way to stop it. Yah i think they are creepy too and to think that they can spread to a lot of peopel in the matter or day or hours like people die from these diseases and give them to other people.

• I also think it is a big deal that we need to get more information about in order to stop it. The new diseases are dangerous because we have never encountered a lot of them before.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker