Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I can't say i see it just triggering the apocalypse whenever. I think it would have to become a lot more serious then it is now also the diseases wont be very damaging unless they can make their way to a highly populated area like a town or city.  

• I think it is a problem that needs to be solved but we need to find better ways to do it. I don't know how these diseases are still living if they have been in solid ice for millions of years but I bet biologists can find ways to deal with it.

• The illnesses are in a sort of hibernation state. Some bacteria can survive for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions like ice or fire. They might have a chance of infecting people of this generation because some have survived that long.

• I personally don't think global warming was caused by humans and vehicles, etc. because the ice melted from the ice ages without the help of factories. With that, I do still think it's an issue. I think this is a pretty scary idea, especially since some are diseases from unknown sources that aren't around today. Incurable viral illnesses are probably some of the deadliest things on the planet. 

• It's still debated in the science communities whether or not we caused it. We are still technically coming out of an ice age but with the way the planet works we are actually supposed to be in another ice age (I read that somewhere don't quote me on it).

• The scary part of this is that the diseases are incurable. No matter how small or big it is, it's never been seen before. These illnesses could be very devastating to the human body, but they also may have cures for other things. One disease may wipe out a disease we have today. Sometthing like that could really change humanity. 

• I agree that we may not be the whole cause of the glaciers melting but it is important to know that we may be contributing to global warming. The fact these diseases may be coming back is scary and we need to be prepared.

• 1) I think it's a serious matter that needs to soon be solved and find cures for these diseases.

2) These diseases could be a serious issue and we should find a solution to these problems before they become more serious than they already are.

• I agree that the diseases can be very dangerous and they need to be solved fast.  I think we need to find a way to slow the effects of global warming.

• I believe that global warming is a serious issue that we humans have to deal with. We have seen symptoms of global warming that has deeply effected the Earth. I think that these illnesses will hit us hard at first but once we either discover a way to protect us from them or grow in our own immune system we will just have to deal with it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker