Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Bump

• I think global warming has became a huge issue and very scary, we need to learn things to figure out how to try and slow it down. These issues with the illnesses need to help people figure out that they need to learn more about what's going on with global warming. 

• Global warming is a very scary issue, i agree, and will eventually lead up to some very bad causes and extinctions. The issues with the illnesses will hopefully be overcome so the disease won't spread and hopefully stay away from this part of the country.

• I agree. I think that if people understood what their actions were doing then they wouldn't continue to keep doing them. They need to understand that actions have consequences and one of these consequences is the risk of spreading these possibly life threatening diseases. We need to leave the National Parks alone and let them be the way they are. 

• People do understand that they are affecting global warming but we can't really do much about it now. Hopefully these diseases will change their mind though. 

• I think it is definitely a scary thing that diseases like these are coming back and infecting people and cures arent easy to find. I think when this information spreads more the national parks that have glaciers will probably not get as much tourism because people will try to avoid them more.

• I think that it is a very real and severe issue and we need to learn how to stop (or at least slow) global warming. It is a very scary thing that we have to face. I think that we are better  suited for it now that maybe we can make some advances in science to stop it. If these diseases don't help us realize that we need start to conserve our resources; then we're out of luck. 

• I think that global warming is definitelty a problem in the world today that needs to be helped if possible even though it will never be able to be fully stopped I am guessing. It will probably continue to get worse though.

• I believe global warming is a very scary thing, and it is also scary that the disease is coming back. We're not ready for it, and it could most likely affect a lot of people. I believe that we need to do something to stop global warming. 

• I agree that global warming and the reoccurring of these diseases are scary and we are not ready for it. But I don't think we can stop global warming at this point. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker