Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would agree with you Alex that these problems won't be fixed in a day. Problems like this occur over thousands of years. Global warming most likely can't be stopped, and won't stop. The only way we could really make a dent in the process is every single person on the planet would have to stop littering, using cars, etc. The odds of that, are very, very low...

• I think global warming is a problem that needs to be addressed. Not many people are aware of the issues or even care about them. I think it's scary that these illnesses are being released. It's crazy that they would come back like this and that we are completely unprepared. That can be a huge issue and possibly lead to a lot of deaths. 

• I think that it is also scary that the disease are coming back, and we are not prepared for it. I think that we need to try and find something or do something to stop global warming. 

• I think its not overall that bad because the numbers show the ocean only gains 2 degrees every year which doesnt sound that bad. But that can add up pretty quickly. I think that these diseases suck because that could mean more shots and stuff to take for work and something else to worry about getting.

• Global warming is a huge issue and needs to be taken care of. Scientists must work their hardest to stop the illnesses. Since the illnesses are old very little will be known.

• Global warming is a huge issue I agree. Scientists do need to find a cure to these diseases but it will be hard because very little is known about them because they are so old. 

• This is so weird to think that the diseases are coming from icebergs; however, at the same time it completely makes sense. I am also worried for the future that there will be unknown diseases and diseases without a cure. From my knowledge, global warming is an issue but I don't think it would take this much effect in a short amount of time. 

• I agree it is very weird that diseases are coming back from icebergs I never would have thought of this happening. I also agree that global warming is an issue but it wouldn't effect a lot in a short amount of time. 

• I know! It seems like it should have taken time so it's strange that this is just now coming out. Maybe it's been a problem for a long time it just hasn't been covered by the media. Global warming is scary but it seems like it's becoming a huge deal.

• I don't really hear a whole lot about global warming but it's definitely a problem. I don't really know what anyone can do about it though. I think it's scary that new diseases are coming out, but it's just a part of life and they are going to happen. I think they will get this under control eventually. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker