Daycare Employee Sends Rude Note Home With Child

A mother from Texas put a special note in her 5 year old son's lunchbox when he went to daycare. The note said, "Please telll [my son] that his mommy loves him so much and I'm thinking about him :) Thank you!" When her son got home from daycare, she opened the lunchbox to find the note she sent with an upsetting response from the daycare employee. The response was " NO! Put him on a diet + GO AWAY!" The mother couldn't believe what she saw, so she kept re-reading for a minute it until it finally registered. The 5 year old is a very picky eater and his mother has introduced some healthy options in his lunches, she said she just wanted to make him smile at lunch. An employee, who works at the place where this incident happened, admitted to writing the note and was fired. To read more click here.

Questions:

1. How would you react if a daycare employee wrote that message on the note and sent it back home?

2. Do you think firing the employee who admitted to writing the note was the right decision? Why?

Answer:

My first reaction would definitely be shock, just like the mother, then I think it would turn into anger. I would be angry because the daycare is supposed to be supportive but instead they were the opposite. I don't know if she should've been fired or just have the manager talk to them and maybe have someone else in the room with her so it doesn't happen again. But I can understand why the mother would want her fired because that message was rude and she should not have wrote it. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would try to figure out everything. Rather than trying to get rid of the employee i would better move my child to another daycare. Of course i claim to the empolyee because that kind of person should not take care of children but i would not be inreterested in a long term and discussion and agruing with all people and such stuff. I think the one who did this desided right. 

• Since you would want to have the employee keep their job, would you be worried about this same thing happening to another child? Trying to talk to the daycare employees and/or manager might take too long, when moving your child might be the easier option. 

• I would probably want the employee fired. I would be very mad at someone who would poke fun at a young child. I think it was the right decision because the employee deserved it. Also because this person doesn't have the right to disrespect someones child like that. 

• I agree that this action from the daycare worker was very rude and they shouldn't have disrespected not only the child but also the mother because the mother trusts her child with them and just has to hope that they are treated right. Would you try to find a whole different daycare for your child or just a different person at the same daycare?

• I think firing the employee was the right decision for the daycare. People who work there are supposed to love kids and treat them well. If they send those sorts of messages to parents I'm sure this employee didn't treat the kids all that well. If this happened to me and my kid I would hope she got fired, and if she didn't I would send my kid to another daycare in a heartbeat.

• Yes! The workers are supposed to treat the children with love and respect especially since they are so young, they need the love when they aren't able to be with their parents or family all day. Sending them to a new daycare might be hard because I feel like you would need to build a relationship with the daycare worker just to make sure nothing like this happens again. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker