Day Light savings all year around??

Should we keep day light saving all year around. It first came around during WWII while we were trying to save energy. A man a long time ago came up with it because he was seeing that it would be light out around 6 in the morning. 

On march 13th we changed our clocks ahead of time by one hour. We lost one hour of sleep that night. I think that we should not keep it all year around, because it would be dark almost all the time. When in wrestling you don’t see the sun and it is terrible. I think that you should see the sun a little bit it affects you more that you would know.

Last year they had tried to pass it but to many people thought it was not ideal because of the sunlight. I think that it was nice having to change the clock because that means summer is coming and school is about over. It makes the days feel longer and the nights feel shorter. Yes some people think that it should not go back and keep it all year around. But according to Mr. Bruns he dose not think that it will change anytime soon because so many people light to change it and that it makes sense. The U.S Senitor Marco Rubio as of Sunday, reintroduced the Sunlight protection act. This is the law that is trying to get the clock change to end. And Keep day light savings all year around. 

Mr.Bruns 

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2023/3/rubio-reintroduces-bill-to-make-daylight-saving-time-permanent#:~:text=Mar%2002%202023,changing%20clocks%20twice%20a%20year. 

Should we keep daylight savings?

Should we keep changing the clocks?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think we should get rid of daylight savings time. I think we should stop having to change the clock 2 time a year and just stick to having the clocks set to one time period. I don't care which one we could stay at but I would prefer to stay in the summertime savings time.

• I understand why we used to have daylight savings time, but now I don't think it is needed as much as it was in the past. I think that we should get rid of daylight savings in my opinion, and I don't think it has a greater positive than negative effect. 

• I think that we should totally get rid of day light savings because the only thing it does i make i so we wake up early and the sun goes down late. I think that changing the clocks is pointless we should have the same time all year around... its pointless.

• I think that we should still change our clocks because I like seeing the sun while I go home after jazz practice. I do not think that it is really a big deal and I like having it. I did not know that it started in WWII and I find that interesting that it was to save energy so why wouldn't we do it if we can still use it to save energy.

• I think that we should not keep daylight savings time. They are trying to eliminate it, but they don't know which time to stick with permanetly. I think that we should stay on summer time all year round. Personally I am not a morning person, so I like to have it be light longer at night. If we stayed on summer time, that would make it lighter, later in the day during the winter.

• I think we should keep changing the clocks for daylight savings time. We've always used daylights saving and its worked well so I think we should keep it, even though it might change our routine. I also like having more time that its light outside in summer. 

• I understand why they wouldn't need to change it or want to change it. But I don't see why it is an issue to change it back and forth. It would be nice to leave a practice late at night and have the sun still be out instead of making it feel like it's midnight. 

• I think that we should keep how daylight saving is right now. It is hard to get back into the routine after a while but people eventually get used to it. I like having it being light out for most of the summer too. So we should 100% keep it.

• I think that we should not keep daylight savings because There is not much of a use for it anymore. they did back in the day because there equipment didn't have lights at night so they could not see but now they can. I don't think that we should keep changing the clocks.

• I think that daylight savings time isn't as important as it used to be. We now have the tool of electricity to light dark places. It would be a little weird to not have daylight savings time though. I don't like losing an hour of sleep and having to adjust to it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker