The coronavirus is causing cattle markets to drop a few dollars/hundred and the Dow to drop over 400 points.  China is making our cattle markets go down because they are focusing on solving the corornavirus in their country instead of buying US beef.  American-owned buinesses in China (McDonalds) are closing because of the virus.  Since they are closed, less US beef is needed.  China is the second largest importer and the largest exporters in the world.  Since the corona virus has taken over China we can't ship our beef to them right now.  This is causing the cattle market to go way down.

1.  How do you feel about the coronavirus?

I do not like the coronavirus because it is causing a big issue with US beef.  It's causing cattle farmers to lose money.

2.  Do you think we need to find another country to start shipping our US beef to?

Yes, I do think we do because if we find a new country to ship our beef to it will help raise the cattle market prices and the Dow.

https://www.beefmagazine.com/commentary/how-coronavirus-could-affect-american-beef-industry

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Coronavirus is causing a lot more problems than affecting the beef industry. It is a virus that has killed many people, so obviously it isn't something that anyone would like. I think that it is more complecated than finding another person to sell our beef to because frankly, China is not the only person that is beign affected by the virus. Many other countries are being negatively affected by the illnes. 

• The coronavirus is affecting a lot of different factors. It is affecting the beef industry in a negative way. Farmers are losing money due to this virus. I think the coronavirus is just overall a bad virus to have around. It is not only affecting people but it is affecting the economy. I do not think we will be able to find another country to ship our beef into because of this virus going around. 

•  Obviously anything that causes people to be ill or die is very upsetting and noby likes to sit but I Think we are making it out to be more than it is. I believe the U.S. has great beef that they could easily cell to other countries.

• I feel like it is a disease that doctors need to figure out a cure for before it is too late and I also feel like they need to try and stop it from spreading. I think that we should find a different country until the coronavirus is gone and then go back to China.

• I feel the coronavirus is not a big threat because many people have recovered from it. I do not like it because it is effecting our economy. I do not think we need to find another country to start shipping to because China is a large trader.

• The fact that China is not buying as much beef, it has a big impact on the US economy, or at least in this part of the country.  The coronavirus is a big problem, it has been messing with economy and it is also being blown out of proportion by the media.

• I feel that the corona virus is a bad thing to have because it drops the cattle market and in the midwest and the south cattle is a huge thing and the ranchers cant make money if they cant get a good price for it. We do need more countrys to trade with cause we will over produce cows if we dont solve this

• I think that it's a very serious adn that this virus could get very huge in the population. No, because then the companies woulnot sell to the U.S. anymore. We need to have the beef production up and running agian so that would mean that we have to start treating people with the virus.

• it is scary how big the coronavirus is getting and now how some people in america are getting it, i hope they can find a solusion fast. im not sure, i think china is going to have to start buying beef again becasue they cant produce it like we can. i think its terrible that china is trying to make us find a solution for their problem.

• I dont like it because it can kill people and everyone is panicing about it and that it is causing issues in the meat indusrty and also having an impact on the Diw Jones.    I think so yes because we cant keep spreading the virus around from country to country.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker