After heading home Mount Pleasant high school track team got in a crash Thursday night March 23. The bus carrying more then 30 students but 20 students were injured when the accident happened. The accidents happened at 10:45 PM 25 miles north of Mount Pleasant. This crash involved the school bus, 18-Wheeler and a car. The 18-wheeler driver was also killed in this accident. The 18-wheeler was coming straight on with the schools bus, the bus started going toward the ditch and the 18-wheeler hit it and made the bus roll. Behind the bus was a female track coach in the car and the semi went head on killing the track coach in the car. The girls track team was miles out and was not involved with the crash. With in hours people have donated money for the female car drive that was killed. 

Read here for more information

Read

crash2 Coach Killed, Students Hurt After East Texas School Bus Crash          crash3 Coach Killed, Students Hurt After East Texas School Bus Crash

Questions 

1. What would you have done if you were on the bus?

2. Why do you think the semi was going toward in coming traffic?

Answers

1. If I was in the situation of the boys track team i would be very scared and nervous of knowing i could die or get very hurt. I would try to stay safe hiding behind the sits and try to help others stay calm. 

2. I think the semi (18-wheeler) was heading in incoming traffic because he could have possibly fell asleep or he had some mental issues. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would be trying to get some help, and be giving some assistance to those who need it the most. I believe the semi driver had probably fallen asleep with it happening at the time it did. He could also have had some health problem. 

• If I were on the bus, I would call for help and if the surrounding area was safe, I would  try and help the other people involved in the collision. The semi driver was probably tired, intoxicated, or had experienced a health complication, like a stroke or heart attack.

• I totally agree with your answer i also like how you would call for help is you could. I didnt really think of a stroke or a heart attack but that is another good way this could of happened. 

• I would try to call for help and help others that were hurt during the crash. The semi driver probably had been drinking or should not have been allowed to drive. He could have also been asleep. 

• I would call for help if I was on the bus. I would try and go out to help anyone that was hurt in the crash. I don't know why the semi driver was driving in the lane with on-coming traffic. Maybe the driver was drunk or very tired. 

• I agree with your answer and i like how you would go and help those who were hurt and those who needed help. I dont know if the semi driver was drunk but he could possible have been very tired. 

• I would have called for help if I wasn't injured myself and made sure everyone was staying down if they were hurt. Maybe the semi driver was tired and hadn't slept very much and kept falling to sleep behind the wheel. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker