Chess? Is money?

The sinquefield cup a chess championship it is one of the biggest chest tournaments. This is happening in St. Louis at the Chess Club and Scholastic Center. The tournament consists of six of the top 9 players in the world. They compete for a huge prize of 100,000 dollars. They will being playing every other player twice. To see who is the winner of the big prize money.

Do you think that it is to much money for a single chess tournament? Why or why not?

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/world-chess-champion-competes-st-louis-strongest-chess-tournament-ever

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No way under paid. They put thier time and effort and dedication to the game and practice into chess and only get 100,000$ for winning the whole thing i think a more reasonable price would be around 5 Million 

• It's chess who watches it and where do they get the money at there is not a large ticket sell to get the money.

• I can relate with you there. No one would really come and watch and there isn't that many people that play the could raise very much money. 

• No, i don't because it is one of the biggest. Also many people enjoy playing chess, so why not win money for playing? Some people consider chess a sport. Football, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, and Etc. get paid, so why not chess players?

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker