Can you be Successful Without a College Degree

With the high price of college, many kids wonder if it is worth going to college. Kids are pushed with the fact that they will never be successful without a college degree, but is this true? There are several successful and wealthy people that do not have a college degree. Along with this there are many jobs that require no college degree, that pay better than jobs that require a college degree.

Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates are just some of the very successful people that never received a college degree. Steve Jobs was the co-founder, CEO and chairman of Apple. When Steve Jobs died he had a net worth of 10.2 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of Facebook and the Meta platform, and has a current net worth of 47.2 billion dollars. Finally, Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and is currently worth 102.1 billion dollars. These men are just some examples of several people that didn’t receive a college degree, but still went on with their life to be very successful and wealthy. They did this by being smart with their money, and being patient with the process to success. 

Many people who don’t receive a college degree become successful by inventing a new product or becoming an entrepreneur, however, you don’t have to invent something to be successful. People can work an ordinary job but still become very wealthy and happy. One job that fits this description is an electrician. Someone can receive the education they need to become an electrician by working with an experienced electrician or by completing a simple apprenticeship. This person can go on to start their own electrical company. However, there are risks to starting your own company, and the business owner must be careful of their spendings to make sure they don’t spend more than the income. Philadelphia Technician Training Institute explains that you can earn a six figure salary as an electrician with a lot of hard work and dedication. This goes for several other trade jobs, as they are in high demand, but not many people work these jobs. Other jobs that include high paying salaries without college degrees include a pilot, real estate agent, wind turbine and oil rig worker, and many more.

All in all, it is possible to earn a big quantity of money and be happy without a college degree. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication though. If a student does not go to college, they do not have to worry about paying for college and can start making money right away. There are many examples of people who have become successful without a college degree, and they motivate more people to be like them. I believe that students should not be told that they won’t be successful without a college degree, for the reason that there are many opportunities to become successful and make large amounts of money without a college degree.

Do you believe you will be more successful with or without a college degree?

Do you think society pushes a college education, explain?

https://ptt.edu/blog/can-you-make-6-figures-as-an-electrician/#:~:text=As%20the%20world%20ultimately%20depends,of%20the%20electrician%20certification%20programs.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it is possible for someone to be as or more successful compared to someone with a college degree. But in most cases, a college degree is needed to be successful in certain fields or careers. I personally think that society does push for a college education or schooling beyond high school. 

• Most people can be somewhat successful without a college degree(ex. garbage collectors can make as much as zookeepers), but there are a lot of jobs that require one. That is one of the ways society pushes college education and also a reason why.

• you can be very successful without a college degree, there is a stigma about not having a college degree, and you'll be a failure but that's not true the smartest people barely went to high school. it's even easier now these days with social media.

• I think that people could be more successful without getting a college degree. I think this because you have to spend all that money at college just to be in debt for years. Plus all the millionaires in the U.S. did not go to college and look at them now. I think society does push to get a degree because they want students to keep going to school so they can stay open.

• I personally do believe that a person can be more successful with a college degree versus without one. But, I do still think that you can be successful in certain fields and careers without a college degree. I do think that society pushes a college education quite a lot. 

• I think that you can be successful without a college degree. You can still get an excellent job without a degree and get paid well. But I believe there are jobs that would require you to get a degree.

• I believe that you can be more successful with a college degree, mostly because it's easier to get a good paying job. Yes I think society pushes a lot on you about college, where to go for college, and what you should study. Although it may be easier to get a good paying job with a college degree, you can still be very sucsessfull without one. 

• Yes, I believe you can still be very successful without a college degree. It has been proven time and time again by entrepreneurs and celebrities. College isn't a bad option if you want to be a doctor, lawyer, or something. But you certainly don't need a college education, most jobs don't even require it, let alone high school. 

• depending on what you want to do society can push an edeucation a bit to far many times for example some people in the medical feild don't need a college graduation just some job shadowing so most time an education is pushed when there dosent need to be.

• I personally think that if you dont got college and run your own business nine out of ten time u will be more successful than someone that goes to college, But there are alot of people that don't attend college and become nothing in life. I belive that college is very much so punched by society, Did you know that 48 percent of college graduates live paycheck to paycheck, therefore i personally think that going to college is the biggest waste of money. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker