Can you be Successful Without a College Degree

With the high price of college, many kids wonder if it is worth going to college. Kids are pushed with the fact that they will never be successful without a college degree, but is this true? There are several successful and wealthy people that do not have a college degree. Along with this there are many jobs that require no college degree, that pay better than jobs that require a college degree.

Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates are just some of the very successful people that never received a college degree. Steve Jobs was the co-founder, CEO and chairman of Apple. When Steve Jobs died he had a net worth of 10.2 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of Facebook and the Meta platform, and has a current net worth of 47.2 billion dollars. Finally, Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and is currently worth 102.1 billion dollars. These men are just some examples of several people that didn’t receive a college degree, but still went on with their life to be very successful and wealthy. They did this by being smart with their money, and being patient with the process to success. 

Many people who don’t receive a college degree become successful by inventing a new product or becoming an entrepreneur, however, you don’t have to invent something to be successful. People can work an ordinary job but still become very wealthy and happy. One job that fits this description is an electrician. Someone can receive the education they need to become an electrician by working with an experienced electrician or by completing a simple apprenticeship. This person can go on to start their own electrical company. However, there are risks to starting your own company, and the business owner must be careful of their spendings to make sure they don’t spend more than the income. Philadelphia Technician Training Institute explains that you can earn a six figure salary as an electrician with a lot of hard work and dedication. This goes for several other trade jobs, as they are in high demand, but not many people work these jobs. Other jobs that include high paying salaries without college degrees include a pilot, real estate agent, wind turbine and oil rig worker, and many more.

All in all, it is possible to earn a big quantity of money and be happy without a college degree. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication though. If a student does not go to college, they do not have to worry about paying for college and can start making money right away. There are many examples of people who have become successful without a college degree, and they motivate more people to be like them. I believe that students should not be told that they won’t be successful without a college degree, for the reason that there are many opportunities to become successful and make large amounts of money without a college degree.

Do you believe you will be more successful with or without a college degree?

Do you think society pushes a college education, explain?

https://ptt.edu/blog/can-you-make-6-figures-as-an-electrician/#:~:text=As%20the%20world%20ultimately%20depends,of%20the%20electrician%20certification%20programs.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that you can be succesful either way. There is quite a few ways to make and earn money. College can be a step stool for some people, but for others it could be good work ethic. There is a pretty good amount of jobs that don't require a college degree. I believe that college prepares you mostly for an 8-hour job instead of being successful and wealthy.

• I believe that you can be successful without a college education. I think the only benefit of getting a college education is you have more experience and more knowledge of what kind of job you have. I think that with a college education you will have a higher chance of making more money at the start and have a better chance of getting a job that you like or enjoy.

• I agree you might have a higher chance of making more money with a college degree, but now you also have at least tens of thousands of dollars you had to pay for college. This counteracts the slightly more money you might make with a college degree. Also while students are in college and paying for it, the other people not going to college are working and making money.

• I believe that you could be successful with or without a degree. Lately the world has seen more and more successful business owners that don't have degrees. I believe that I would be more successful with a college degree if I worked in an office at a desk job. I think that society pushes a college education more than it is needed.

• I think that parents and schools put so much pressure on us to go to college without necessarily knowing all the facts. Knowing that electricians and pilots make more money than many jobs that require degrees is a big one. As for society pushing college education, yes. From a young age we are told that to live a happy life and to make a lot of money, you must go to college. Not to mention the percentage of Americans who don't use their degrees for their job. 36.8%. 

• I believe you can succeed if you do or do not have a college degree. Most jobs you find do not require a college degree, just a high school degree. In today's society, a lot of people believe think they need to go to college and are pushed to go so they can become successful and have a good career. That is not always the case though. Going to college and getting a degree does help you out in certain situations, but it does depend on who you are and how much you care about this certain career and becoming successful. Overall, I think that most of the time you do not need to have a college degree to become successful, and can do it without one. 

• Yes you can be sucsessful with out a college degree college just helps some jobs do require certaint college degrees. But you can get jobs that are like thhem by say if you know the owner or you prove that you can learn fast and well.

• I agree, some jobs definitely requiure a college degree. However there are many well paying jobs that do not require and education, and kids students should keep that in mind.

• I think you can definetely be sucessful without going to college. Whether you are a farmer, entrepenuer, ect. Many smart people in history have done great things and never went to college. Personally, I am looking forward to college because I want to go into the medical business.

• In my opinion, you could be successful without going to college, I know a lot of farmers, linemen, etc. that never went to college but still make a fantastic amount of money. Society, mostly parents, and teachers, I feel does push a college education. Which I think is kind of rude because a lot of kids these days want to go into a career and have dreams of going into this career that doesn't require a college education.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker