Can you be Successful Without a College Degree

With the high price of college, many kids wonder if it is worth going to college. Kids are pushed with the fact that they will never be successful without a college degree, but is this true? There are several successful and wealthy people that do not have a college degree. Along with this there are many jobs that require no college degree, that pay better than jobs that require a college degree.

Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates are just some of the very successful people that never received a college degree. Steve Jobs was the co-founder, CEO and chairman of Apple. When Steve Jobs died he had a net worth of 10.2 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of Facebook and the Meta platform, and has a current net worth of 47.2 billion dollars. Finally, Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft and is currently worth 102.1 billion dollars. These men are just some examples of several people that didn’t receive a college degree, but still went on with their life to be very successful and wealthy. They did this by being smart with their money, and being patient with the process to success. 

Many people who don’t receive a college degree become successful by inventing a new product or becoming an entrepreneur, however, you don’t have to invent something to be successful. People can work an ordinary job but still become very wealthy and happy. One job that fits this description is an electrician. Someone can receive the education they need to become an electrician by working with an experienced electrician or by completing a simple apprenticeship. This person can go on to start their own electrical company. However, there are risks to starting your own company, and the business owner must be careful of their spendings to make sure they don’t spend more than the income. Philadelphia Technician Training Institute explains that you can earn a six figure salary as an electrician with a lot of hard work and dedication. This goes for several other trade jobs, as they are in high demand, but not many people work these jobs. Other jobs that include high paying salaries without college degrees include a pilot, real estate agent, wind turbine and oil rig worker, and many more.

All in all, it is possible to earn a big quantity of money and be happy without a college degree. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication though. If a student does not go to college, they do not have to worry about paying for college and can start making money right away. There are many examples of people who have become successful without a college degree, and they motivate more people to be like them. I believe that students should not be told that they won’t be successful without a college degree, for the reason that there are many opportunities to become successful and make large amounts of money without a college degree.

Do you believe you will be more successful with or without a college degree?

Do you think society pushes a college education, explain?

https://ptt.edu/blog/can-you-make-6-figures-as-an-electrician/#:~:text=As%20the%20world%20ultimately%20depends,of%20the%20electrician%20certification%20programs.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that with or without a college degree you can be successful. Many jobs require only a highschool degree, but most good paying jobs require a college degree. In today's society a college education is really pushed because college degrees/education gives more opportunites in the future. 

• I think you have more oppurtunities without a college degree. After you go to college you have a degree for a specific field of work. You don't have to go into this field, but it is not a great thing to spends tens of thousand of dollars to get that degree, and not end up using it. Also, if you end up not liking this field, you are in a bad position. However, if you don't get a college degree you have many fields of work you can chose to do, and if you don't like it, you can change your job without putting a degree that cost thousands of dollars to waste.

• I think you can be successful both ways. I feel that it is good to get a college degree but doesn't automatically set you up for success. I know many people that dont have college degrees and are successful. I also know many people that dont even use their college degree at there jobs. Overall, I think it depends on the person. 

• I agree, you can definetly be successful both ways, however society makes people think that they will never get anywhere in life without a college degree, and that isn't true. I also know several people who don't use their college degree in the job they work today.

• Personally, I think I will be more sucessful without a college degree. I am going to be a Pipe welder after college. I will be going to Missouri Welding Institue. This is a trade school. I will be paying, by that time, Over 20,000 for a pipe fitting class that takes 5 months. The average american Salary is 54,000 and I will be making Roughly 67,000 a year. The more experience you have, the more money you will make. 

• There are sevearl trade jobs that are in such great demand, but not many people work them. This is causing employers to pay even better wages so they can fill the posititons. Pursuing a career in these jobs is a very smart thing to do.

• I think that it is possible to be successful without a college degree. There has been proven that a lot of important and successful people do not have a college degree. I think today society pushes a college education because it will help people get a better formation and probably help them have more opportunities in the future.

• In my opinion, you can still get a good-paying job without a college degree. I think that a college degree can help you be more successful and can help you get a better job. I think that it is better to get a college degree so you could get a better job with better benefits. 

• I believe that you can be successful without a college degree, but I think more often, people who go to college are more successful. I think college is pushed pretty hard now, but I think that not everyone needs to go to college. There are plenty of ways to make money if you don't go to college.

• My opinion is that you can still make a good living even without a college degree. Plenty of people are successful. But I do think that it is better to have a further education than high school. People can work an ordinary job but still become very wealthy and happy.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker