Britain Teen Arrested on Terror Charges

One of the youngest suspects yet has been arrested on terror-related charges in England. A 14-year-old boy was taken into custody after encouraging an attack on an Australian parade honoring the war dead and urging the beheading of people in Australia. He was arrested early April after authorities found electronic devices showing that he had contact with a man in Australia.He told this man that he wanted him and his group to attack different war parades in Australia. He was charged with two counts of inciting another person to commit an act of terrorism overseas and will appear in Westminster Magistrate's Court on Friday.

I think that he should be punished no matter what his age is as long as he knows what he was doing.

Do you think he should be punished? If so how?

Why do you think that somebody that is young would do this?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/23/europe/14-year-old-held-on-terror-charge/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Like you said, as long as he knows what he's doing, he should be punished no matter what his age is. I'm not sure why anyone would do this, let alone a 14 year old. I hope they get more information as to what he was doing and what he has been involved in. 

• Yes, because age does not matter in a situation like this.  Because it is a crime that could harm many people and he is responsible for it.  Because he is young so he could have gotten in contact with anyone and just happened to get in touch with this guy.  Plus he is still young and growing so he just kind of went with it probably so he did not make the guy mad. 

• I agree with you to say that he should be charged, no matter his age, with the severity of this crime. I think he should be held in trial then sentenced for a long time behind bars. If anyone this young would do it, I would assume he got on the internet. 

• The internet seems to influence young people more and more in a negative way it seems like.

• I think that he should be punished even if he's young, he is encouraging people to kill others. He should get a long sentence in prison, not necessarily a life sentence, but he should still spend 30-40 years in it for the damage he could/has done. I think that he got in contact with the wrong sort of people and they manipulated him into doing things he shouldn't have.

• I think that 30-40 years would be about right for him, because it would show him that it's not right to do acts of terror and it would let him live.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker