"Breaking Bad" Figures

"Breaking Bad's" Walter White may have dodged authorities during his career as a drug kingpin, but his action figure hasn't dodged the wrath of a Florida mother. Susan Schrivjer launched a petition in early October to have White and other breaking bad action figures removed from Toys R US. As of Monday morning, the Change.org request has recieved mor than 2,000 signatures. 

"Toys R Us is well known around the world for their big selection of toys for children of all ages," she wrote. "However their decision to sell a Breaking Bad doll, complete with a detachable sack of cash and a bag of meth, alongside children's toys is a devation from their family friendly values."

"Kids mimic their action figures," she told the station. "Do you want your child in an orange jumpsuit?"

Do you think that mom is doing the right thing? Why or why not? 

How would you react if you knew they were selling this?

Click here for more information.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great show but action figures??

• I think in my opinion the mom is doing the right thing, kids don't need to be like that. It depends on the situation what I would do.

• I also think that this is a good thought, you honestly don't need to have this action figure in a toy store for little kids.

• I think that the mom is doing the right thing, because the kids don't need things like that growing up.  I might do the same thing that she is doing.

• I think the mom is right, they shouldn't have toys like that at Toys R US. I would probably act the same way she did.

• Great thoughts!

• I don't think that is a good idea for that to be in stores. I believe that is a bad idea to have things that criminals would possess such as a bag of meth or a sack of cash. That is just promoting bad decisions for kids as they get older.

• Yes, I think that it probably isn't a good idea to sell adult show characters at a kids toy store, especially if he has a bag of "meth" that the figure is carrying. 

• I don't think just having them in the stores in dangerous. If you're a parent who doesn't like them then just don't buy them. A little kid not going to look at it and know he makes drugs...in a TV show. 

• I agree with you, the kid is not going to know any better.  So it is up to the parent to choose whether or not to buy it. But, it could go both ways.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker