Boys Save the Life of Young Girl

Two twelve year old boys save the life of a little girl drowning in Roman Forest, Texas. Melodie, who is only four years old, slipped out of the house to go play by the creek in the backyard. She tried to swing on a limb, and fell into the creek. Two young boys, who were at the creek saw Melodie and thought she looked like she was drowning. So, one of the boys ran to her and pulled her out of the water. Moments later they went for help, and found Ricky Duke. He was able to contact friends who lived in the neighborhood to come help, and the police. Friends of Duke came with jackets to wrap and comfort Melodie in. The police were able to quickly post Melodie’s photo on social media, and her family was soon found. Melissa Maddox, mother of Melodie later said that Melodie has autism and likes to wander out of the house to go play outside.

Questions:

What do you think could of happened if the boys weren’t there to save Melodie?

What would you do now as a parent to protect Melodie from this happening again?

Opinion:

I believe Melodie would have probably drowned, because she is only four being to young to save herself. She could of maybe tried swimming but that would probably not of been a success. As a parent I would take precautions by thoroughly monitoring her and lay ground rules so it does not happen again.

Read More Here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If i was her parents i would be very frightened. I would make sure i kept my eyes on her at all times as much as i could. I would also make the doors child proof so she wouldn't be able to leave. If the boys weren't there i think she could have ended up drowning. 

• If the two boys had not noticed Melodie,the outcome would be bad. Because of her age and her condition, she probably can't swim well; leading her to drown. As a parent, I would take any precautions for the future. I would sign my child up for swim lessons, put up a fence, child proof doors, etc. 

• If I were the parents I would do the same thing as in swim lessons, fence, and child proof doors. The swim lessons will help Melodie try to save herself if this were to happen again. A fence would allow Melodie to go outdoors and not wandering off to places she shouldn't. The child proof locks will help her be inside when she does not need to be outdoors. 

• If the boys wouldn't have saved her most likely she would be stuck there for a while and maybe drown. I would talk to her and ask her to tell someone before she goes outside and not play by the creek.

• Melodie would have most likely drowned. As a parent, I would keep a closer eye on my child. I would also lock some of the doors that I know Melodie likes to wander through.

• If those boys weren't there to save that little girl she would have definitely drown in the water. Some ways parents can protect there kids from this happening to there them would be keeping track of your kids. I understand that parents cant have an eye on there kids all the time but they should know where there kids are. An idea would be to have a system were the kids tell there parents were there going so that the parents can regulate there kids.

• I hope that Melodies parents are talking to her and setting rules. I agree the family should make a system were Melodie tells them where she is going at all the times, and the parents should follow and go with her. 

• If the boys weren't there to save the little girl she would have slowly suffered in the water. Being Melodies parents I would be very upset with myself. If I was them I would be watching her close to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

• If the two boys were to not noticed Melodie or the boys weren't at the creek at all, it would've been really bad. Melodie pry would've drowned because she would be too young to probably know how to swim. As a parent, I would take precautions of knowing where she is at all times by putting a monitor in her room and locking or child proofing the doors so she doesn't wander off that easy. 

• I agree, they should start by putting child locks the doors. That will be a good way to make sure Melodie does not get outside, if they are not in the same room. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker