Border Crises

According to a Fox News article, there has been a 233% increase in fetal seizures at the south border. A report from the U.S. customs and border protection shows that in March of 2021 639 pounds of fentanyl were seized. This is 394 more pounds seized this year than March of last year at the south border. So far this year 2,098 pounds have been seized. Last year around this time only 649 pounds had been recovered. House minority leader Kevin McCarthy from California stated, “the collateral damage from Biden's border crisis extends beyond the inhumane and crounded collisions at migrant facilities.” He then goes on to say, ‘the gross mismanagement of the crisis has also put Americans safety in danger… it poses a health risk to our own citizens.” This trend has slowly decreased since March. President Biden is trying to deal with the amount of immigrants crossing the border. 

I think this is outrageous. The problem has increased since the borders have been opened. The administration should look at minimizing the amount of people going back and forth over the southern border.

What is your oppinion on the border crises? 

Do you think the curent president is handling it right? 

http://https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-crisis-mexico-southern-border-fentanyl-mccarthy  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• We need more control but not irrational control i think we need more border patrol rather than walls and safer transport back to their home with a small spot of their currency as most tyring to come are seeking a better life .

• I think that they should try and controll them more but not to an extent where it is bad controlling. I think that he needs to handle it differently, but I also think that hee is doing ehat he thinks he should and what he thinks is a good thing.

• I agree with you and the problem needs to start being more controlled by those in office. The government needs to find more adequate ways to control the crossing between the southern border. Our president needs to prioritize this so that people coming across illegally stop coming over at all. 

• The border crisis has a huge affect on America and is pottentially endangering peoples lives. All states are seeing a spike in opioid deaths caused by fetinal which is coming across the border. We need to strenghthen our borders to stop this from happening

• I agree, it is something that has impacted this country a lot and has cost many people their lives. Its a problem that I feel like is not so much as overlooked but just not taken as seriously as it should be. I feel like people dont realize how much we need border protection until something really bad happens and by then its too late. 

• I definitely think that we need to strengthen our borders and stop people illegally crossing. saying this I do think that legal immigration is very important to our economy and should continue. I think he is doing not the best but it still could be worse but there is most definitely more that can be done. 

• I believe that the border crisis is very damaging to the United States and we need stronger border control. With mass, illegal immigrants' migrating to the United States can cause tax fraud and be damaging to the United States Economy. I believe that legal migration is good however, I believe that our current president is not strict enough on the border crisis.

• I agree that they should minimize the amount of people at the borders and I also agree with you that since we have changed presidents this has also gone up and it is not a good thing. I think that the president should try to stop some of this from happening instead of not worrying about it.

• I believe that we do need a stronger border, but i dont think that we need to keep seperating families in order to keep the border safe. taking away the childeren from their parents are traumitizing them to a way for them to hurt themselves and even kill themselves. i dont think our current president hasnt done really anything with it right now but neither has any other president really 

• I think that we need to be more strict on the border crisis however we don't need to seperate the children from families and stuff like that because that is cruel. I don't think that any president has ever done good with this.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker