Bomb Explodes by Colombia Bull Ring

On Sunday, a homemade bomb exploded by Bogota's bullring. The bomb injured two dozen police officers and two civilians reported Colombian authorities. The bomb was said to be left in a sewer outside a new youth hostel popular with foreign backpackers. The explosive device was detonated just a few hours before a scheduled bullfight as police in riot gear were gathering ahead of a demonstration by animal rights activists. It was said that terrorists were the one to place the bomb. Yet others believed that it was the animal right activists. Despite the tense environment in recent weeks, the police all but ruled out that the bullfight protesters were to blame. 

Link back to story.

Do you agree with the police, do you think that it was the bullfighting protesters that did it?

If it were the bullfighting protesters that set of the bomb, what do you think their intentions were?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't know who would have done it. With all the stuff going on in this world, it could have been anyone. I think that the bullfighting protesters intentions were to stop bullfighting and put an end to it. 

• I agree with you, everything that has been happening in the world it really could have been anyone for any reason. Do you think the protesters went a bit to far with trying to stop a bullfighting? 

• I think it is possible, but no one will know for sure. Anyone could have don it. I think their intentions were for attention or to prove a point. They knew that the area would be occupied, so that would be the best time for a bomb. 

• I don't agree with you. As of right now nobody knows who has done it, but with some good research im sure they will find who did it. So are you saying it was a terrorists that did it?

• I think it is definitely a possibility, but I can't imagine the protesters getting that out of hand. They were probably just trying to either get their point across or show that they aren't messing around. That sounds very unlikely, but who knows. 

• I agree with you its definitely is a very good possibility that it could have been them, but yet it could've been anyone. Protesters now a days are getting out of hand when protesting. I would make sense if they were to do this. 

• It could have been anyone honestly. Nowadays terrorists and extreme activists can both do something like this. It's terrible. If the protesters did it, they probably wanted to make a big statement that bullfighting should be ended. This is a bad way to do that though. They shouldn't try to solve issues with violence. It only creates more problems.

• I agree with you, if could be anyone. But whoever did it, no matter what they wanted the outcome to be or wanted to make a statement it was still a bad way to go about it. 

• It could very well be a protester but there is no way to tell for sure. It was a very decision on anyone's part to set off a bomb anyway. The only reasons that someone were to set off a bomb would to gain publicity and hurt someone or to just plainly hurt or kill someone. 

• Do you think that the protester would do this to gain publicity of the fact that what they are doing to these bulls are bad? 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker