Bingo Gone Wrong

Margaret Thomas, 52, of Jefferson City Mo. was sentenced to five years in prison for the stabbing of two individuals over a $200 bingo winnings in October of 2013. On Monday she was charged with second-degree assault. As the three of them were driving home, Thomas the driver, pulled the vehicle over to the side of the road when she attacked the first victim at the rear of the car using a pair of scissors. The second victim was stabbed while she tried to assist the first victim. Leaving the first victim needing 32 stitches on her cheek. Leaving the two victims on the side of the road while Thomas fled the area. Law enforcement was then notified and she was brought into custody. I think that it is really crazy to stab someone over a small amount of money, or to stab someone at all over something so little like this.

What do you think possessed her so much to stab these people that won the money?

Link to story 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job once again!!

• I think she had a medical condition. She might have just got really upset about it and just did it because of her anger. 

• She must of really wanted to win the $. I could see her getting upset over the deal. She probaly has some problems mentally. I wouldn't of freaked out and stabbed someone over the deal though she is a nutty person for doing that.

• I think it was jelousy and greed. Money can really take people over and take control of them. I think it was just the fact that they won and got money for it.

• Ya I agree with you.  I think it could have been jealous and greed because it can make you do crazy things.   

• I think she was just snapped, probably had some mental health issues.

• She got mad, if you ever go to bingo you see how mad those old ladies get, she probably was just sick and tired so she got insane and stabbed some people. Its probably not the best way to take out your anger, so she should probably go to jail for a while.

• Maybe she needed it for her family. We do not know her back round, and I'm not saying at all that I agree with her doing this, but maybe she figured that if she stabbed them she could have the money for herself. It may not seem like a lot of money to us, but maybe it was a lot for her. 

• I have to agree with you that it may not seem like a lot of money to stab someone over to us, but for her she might have needed it for something very important. But it is still no reason to stab somebody.

• I don't think we'll ever know the real reason for her doing something like that, but she could have been mentally unstable or have been in need of the money. But she was also selfish enough and kind crazy to do something like that. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker