Betty White

A fairly well known lady in the United states named Betty White has recently passed away on December 31, 2021. She was ninety nine years old and only a few weeks away from her 100th birthday. Her birthday is on January 17th. She is pretty commonly known for different things such as the Golden Girls, saturday night live, and her TV show called hot in cleveland. She was a staple on TV for more than 60 years.

Betty White was involved with the golden girls from 1985 till 1992, where she played Rose Nylund. Since her passing ,recently, many people have been rewatching the show. They have also taken to the internet to quote her from the show. Betty White was also involved in saturday night live. This is where she became the oldest person to ever host it at the age of 88 years. SNL recently reaired the episodes that Betty white was in to pay their respects to her. 

Betty white has always had a very good reputation because of her attitude. Producers on ``Hot in Cleveland'' say, “ And with Betty's attitude on that stage, it set a tone from the top down that we all had to be kind and considerate to everybody.” Betty Whites passing was kind of a shock as no one has said anything about her being sick. Her agent said to the press that she had passed away from natural causes. Overall Betty White was a great actress and woman and she will be missed. 

Have you watched any shows that Betty White is in?

Have you ever heard of Betty White?

Sources:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a38665275/betty-white-death-golden-girls-rose-nylund-best-scene/

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/betty-white-dead-dies-golden-girls-mary-tyler-moore-show-1235145407/

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/betty-white-hot-in-cleveland-1235146378/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Ava! I would like you to add personal thoughts within your summary as well.

• I have watched Golden Girls. I loved Betty White. SOmething about her just radiated positivity and it was nice.  I have heard of her and will forever miss her. She was a pure soul and it was sad to see her go. I am glad she was able to live a long healthy life though.

• I haven't watched any shows that have Betty White in them but I do know of her. I know she was in golden girls and I know many people have probably watched her in the golden girls. But I did know from people that she was a very great comedian and also a great actor. I think she will be dearly missed by msot people who know of her. 

• Although I have not heard of Betty White, I figured out that she was in golden girls and I remember a very long time ago late at night when I watched the golden girls  because I thought the name was interesting. Little did I know that it was a bunch of old ladies doing things, that was the one and only time I've ever watched it.

• Yes, I have heard of Betty White. I have only watched Golden Girls but not a lot of it but it is a good show.

• I have never seen Golden Girls or any of her other appearances in media. I honestly didn't know who she was until she died. It's kind of weird because I'm hearing of all these people who knew who she was long before she died.

• I've watched the golden girls before, gotta say, good show, would give it a watch if I were you. However, Betty White was someone who always seemed like they pioneered the way for television, especially since she was there for the majority of it. Betty White is a super cool lady who I would have loved to meet but sadly never got the chance to.

• Personally, I've never seen the shows she's been in, but I have seen some of her cameos with other celebrities. She was always portrayed as a very nice, caring, and loving person, which holds true. I feel like her passing was a shock to many, no matter if you were a huge fan of her, or someone who hardly knew anything about her.

• I have seen some parts of her shows before but I never really knew who it was. However, I did always recognize her and thought she was a great lady and seemed very nice to be around. From what I have heard she was incredible on TV and an inspiration to many people. 

• I haven't ever watched a show that Betty is in but I have heard of Golden Girls. I didn't know who she was when I found out that she died but my dad was talking about what he thought of the situation. It's so unfortunate that she was so close to turning 100 years old.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker