Australian Soldier Killed in Training Incident

The man was taking part in a "routine" activity at the time. The army suspended all training exercises involving combat brigades. It is the second death of an Australian soldier in training since last week. Trooper stuart Reddan, 21, was killed by a falling tree branch on 4th of may while traveling in an armoured vehicle in 'Queensland. The latest incident happened Wednesday at mount Bundey training camp near Darwin. The department of Defence said "He received immediate first aid at the scene and was transported to the royal Darwin Hospital for treatment. The soldier was subsequently pronounced dead. Family members of the soldier have been notified. The Defence Minister Marise Payne said, "whether  on deployment or while training, the men and women of the Australian Defence Force undertake hazardous activities to ensure our safety and security.  

1. How would you feel if you saw a fellow soldier die while you were doing the same activities right next to him or her? 

2. If you were the parent or sibling of that soldier how would you feel that your kid or brother/sister died in training and not in combat? 

If i was doing the same training drill right next to that soldier i would be scared for him and me because i was just doing the exact thing he was and that could have been me that died. If i was the parent or sibling of that soldier i would be very sad and kinda worried for the other soldiers that he died in a supposed to be safe area and not in combat where it's supposed to be way more dangerous. 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would be anxious and worried for the soldier. I would be worried that something like this could happen again. If i was related to the soldier i would wonder how this could happen in training ware its meant to be safe.  

• I would be pretty scared because that tree branch was just that close to ending your life as well. I would feel so bad because he died in training where it's not designed to kill you like actual combat is. 

• I think the soldier was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and just happened to get killed because of it. I would feel he should not of been killed but what can the family do now, the soldier is dead and he was training to service.

• If I was doing that same training drill right next to the soldier I would be scared for both of us and I would be pretty distraught. Because I was just doing the exact thing he was and that could have been me that died. If I was related to the soldier that got killed I would definitely feel even more distraught that it happened in training not combat. 

• I would be pretty distraught, especially if I was doing the exact same thing. If I was related to the soldier killed I would definitely feel even more distraught, considering it happened in training, not combat.

• I would probably feel quite anxious if a fellow soldier died next to me, doing the same thing that I was doing, because that could have just as easily been me who died. If I were the soldier's family, I would have been very upset that he died in training, because if they had died in combat, I would at least be comforted knowing that he died defending our country, but this death didn't really mean anything.

• If I was doing the same training right next to soldier I would be a little scared because we were right next to each other doing the same exact thing. If I were the parent or sibling of this soldier I would be a little worried about the rest of the soldiers doing the same thing. It was supposed to be a drill and no one was supposed to get killed. 

• I will feel terrified and I will be sad to lose someone who have been working together, that is the saddest thing, I will just accept the truth that he died and I will be sad and shocked to lose that person. I would wish that he never went over there.

• I would feel a little nervous and scared but I would also feel a little honored that people have died of this and I survived. I would feel very pissed off because it's training isn't supposed to be dangerous.

• Same i feel a little nervous too because if someone just died doing what you were about to do i don't know if i would just jump right into the activity. I would feel a little happy that it wasnt me that died. Yeah i agree with you i would be mad and sad that my kid or brother/sister died in training and not in war because training camp is supposed to be safe.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker