Australia's Deadly Wildfires Do Not See An End

In Australia, wildfires have been raging since their wildfire season started in July. Almost all states in Australian have been affected by the wildfires, but New South Wales has been hit the hardest. Every year, Australia has a wildlife season that consists of very dry and hot weather, which can result in fire spreading easy. Most of the wildfires are caused from the dry weather and having lightning, but some people are being blamed for starting the fires. Australia has had a drought for a long time now and their temperatures are reaching up to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Many places in Australia have had strong winds, which result in the fire spreading fast and people do not have enough time to react. The wildfires have caused towns in peices and many homes being destroyed. Not only are people being affected, but animals are also being affect. Most animlas have died, but for the most part, their habitat is being destoryed resulting in them having nowhere to go, so they are left to die. There are millions of firefighters trying to help stop the fires inlcuding the United States, Canada, and New Zealand firefighters. In the end, Australia has a long ways to go and does not see an end to the wildfires anytime soon. 

READ HERE!

What do you think Australia could have done to stop the wildfires before they started spreading so fast?

I think Australia should of known that they were going to have a hot and dry wildfire season, so they should of got prepared and started to stop the wildfires before they started spreading so fast because now they are stuck. 

How long do you think the wildfires will last?

I feel like they will last throughtout their wildfire season again and then they will be in even more trouble cause the wildfires will start and spread all over again. I think Australia has a nation-wide problem. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Tianna!

• I believe that Australia should have been more prepared for the wildfires. If they new they were going to have their annual dry season, they could have taken precautions. They could have made up evacuation plans for the people and the animals. Also, they may have had stand by firefighters incase of a situation like this. They might have still have had a wildfire, but it would not be as big as it is now. No one knows for sure how long this will last, but I think it will come to an end sooner than later. 

• I think they are professionals and they do what they can but sometimes nature is stronger that human. We still are not able to predict everything like to be ready for earthquake or something like this. On my opinion as right now its summer in Australia the fair will not go on till winter for them which means summer for us. 

• Im sure they couldve prepared better than they did, i feel like they could have prevented it from spreading that bad. I feel they didnt take the proper percautions to stop the fire as fast as they couldve before everything was on fire.

Im not exactly sure how long it will last, if they try there absolute hardest it will take weeks at least to put it out. possibly even longer if they need more supplies.

• I think Australia could of maybe been more prepared, but it is kinda hard to be prepared when the weather is not always predictable. If they were to know it would have been a lot easier for them now, being able to have more efficient equipment to put an end to the wildfires.

• I really don't think there was a whole lot that they could of done to stop the wildfire to spread so fast. I think evacuation was the only thing that they could of done mostly.

I think it will probably go about another month or so. They are doing everything that they can at getting the fire out and are saving lifes.

• I for sure think the wildfires are going to continue spreading for a while. The fires have escaped firefighters and spread so fast that they can't get to them fast enough. People will be evacuted for a while and their homes may be destroyed that they will not be able to go back. 

• I don't think that there were too many things that Australia could've done to prevent the wildfires from happening and spreading. One thing that they could've possibly done was evacuate some of the animals so they don't die. I also think that they could've had lots of firefighters ready before the wildfires began to prevent them from spreading. I'm not sure how long the wildfires will last, but I feel like they have to be ending soon considering that they've been going on for so long. 

• I think they should have evacuted before the wildfires got to crazy because if they were in a drought, they have known the wildfires were going to boom and go crazy and that is what happened. Also, the animals needed to be saved because now it is to late and to many are dying. 

• That is what I was thinking. I keep seeing all over the news about all the animals dying, it would have really helped them if they were able to evacuate some animals. Im sure some of the animals dont know what to do in these situations, so if they would of been able to evacuate some of the animals that would of been really beneficial.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker