attempted terrorism at Louvre museum in Paris

On February 3rd at the Louvre museum in Paris a Egyptian man tried to enter the museum but was stopped at the entrance due to the fact that he wouldn't enter without his backpacks. When he heard this news he pulled out two machetes and charged one of the officers shouting "Allahu Akbar". While the supposed terrorist was attacking the officers with his dual wield machetes one of the patrol members shot five rounds into the criminal. when searched the terrorist had no concealed weapons or bombs   after subduing the berserk machete wielder the police kept people contained looking for any hostile visitors. Alarms were set off in the museum and people were lead to safety for a few hours. Hundreds were delayed and the only one suspected was a man showing strange behavior. This was such a large event that even president trump tweeted about how on edge France is to terrorism now.

do you think the man was working alone or part of a group?

what precautions do you think should be taken to avoid more attacks in France or do you think this went really well compared to the other tragedys?

my opinion is that this man was just a follower of terrorist ideals and planned without a bigger force backing him otherwise it could have been much more tragic.   

I think this went pretty well compared to other France attacks but like i said before this seems like a single man strike all he had was two long knives it was good of them to secure the area to locate whether this is a diversion or a more complicated plan. this man didn't have the same potential as most attackers do nowadays this was sadly just a practice it seems.

the whole story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think he was working in a group, based on him yelling Allahu Akbar. I don't think this was planned though, as he only had a small amount of firepower and he was alone. This was a small incident, but it still isn't good and I feel the French citizens should always be able to protect themselves.

• the only thing Allahu Akbar tells us is the religion he supports he could have been converted over the internet or just talked to one but no real correlations between him and a group can be made with this phrase alone.

• He could have been working in a group but as explained it seems he was alone. It also sounds like everyone was safe. This attack didn't seem planned as most attacks usually are.
  • If he went kamakazi like that I would say he was solo but you never know maybe they were just spooked off because they couldn't get in. It isn't every day you see someone pull out machetes so I think they did a pretty good job handling it.

• I think that he could of been working with a group but he very well could of been working by himself. It seems that they did a good job at keeping these people safe. There is really anything else they can do other than be on alert at all times during big events. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker