attempted terrorism at Louvre museum in Paris

On February 3rd at the Louvre museum in Paris a Egyptian man tried to enter the museum but was stopped at the entrance due to the fact that he wouldn't enter without his backpacks. When he heard this news he pulled out two machetes and charged one of the officers shouting "Allahu Akbar". While the supposed terrorist was attacking the officers with his dual wield machetes one of the patrol members shot five rounds into the criminal. when searched the terrorist had no concealed weapons or bombs   after subduing the berserk machete wielder the police kept people contained looking for any hostile visitors. Alarms were set off in the museum and people were lead to safety for a few hours. Hundreds were delayed and the only one suspected was a man showing strange behavior. This was such a large event that even president trump tweeted about how on edge France is to terrorism now.

do you think the man was working alone or part of a group?

what precautions do you think should be taken to avoid more attacks in France or do you think this went really well compared to the other tragedys?

my opinion is that this man was just a follower of terrorist ideals and planned without a bigger force backing him otherwise it could have been much more tragic.   

I think this went pretty well compared to other France attacks but like i said before this seems like a single man strike all he had was two long knives it was good of them to secure the area to locate whether this is a diversion or a more complicated plan. this man didn't have the same potential as most attackers do nowadays this was sadly just a practice it seems.

the whole story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that the man was working with the other suspicious man but nobody else because if he were to be working with a whole group I feel like they would have shown themselves. I feel like this man wasn't planning to have an attack as massive as the other or at all and a better precaution could be to have bag check through before entering buildings to make sure no one is carrying anything dangerous. 

• I think the man is working for ISIS because there has been lots of attacks and tried attacks and at the source was ISIS. I think that they should have more strict personal checks before entering the museum. I also think that you can't trust anyone these days and a good personal check would be great.

• I am sorry if i didn't make this clear enough but the attack occurred outside the Louvre when the men was trying to get inside and brandished weapons when the police refused to let him enter with the backpacks.  he could have been working for Isis but i believe it much more likely he was just someone who believed in what they doing and wanted to help the cause as sick as that sounds.   

• It sounds as if the man was working alone; however, I guess we won't know. In my opinion, the situation was handled fairly well. Considering he had weapons and was try to hurt others, I think it was necessary to stop him. 

• I think that these little attacks like this are all for the greater cause. Showing people how things could happen and showing how the police react to it. From all the attacks, police and the enemy learn more and more. Now the attackers know how the police will react and may come up with a different plan. France is a very on-edge country right now and they should be. I would not be letting anyone slide by. 

• I like what your saying about how these minor incidents might very well  affect a much larger situations if taken with the same carefulness and fast thinking. hopefully the attackers just give up seeing the force of the foes they wish to bomb and maim but alas they keep coming with no end in sight.  

• probably part of a group just because every one is these day and its stupid to try something on your own. but this guy is pretty stupid so. i think that it was handled rather well and the police did a good job of detecting it before he could hurt anybody. this was rather small compared to what happened earlier in France with the terror shootings and bombings.

• He was probably alone if nothing else happened during the attack. I think that security needs to be amped up as there is more and more refugees coming into Europe that could be terrorist. I think how the handled the situation was good though. 

• I don;t know whether he was acting alone or with another group but since he said Allahu Akbar he might be in a group that has to do with that i don't know

I think compared to the other terrorist things that have gone off in France in recent history this went pretty succesfully

• This story is really scary! I think the man acted alone to the sounds of it but you just never know anymore. I think that by the sounds of it things went smoothly than others because if he would have taken his bag in he would have killed more than just hurting the cop and was one person that 100. I feel that this when much better than other attacks and the safety precaution was what saved it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker