Attempted Suicide Shuts Down Airports

36 year old Brian Howard went to work Friday at Chicago's FAA Facility after being told they were relocating him to Hawaii. Thirty minutes after he got there he sent a relative a Facebook message saying he was going to set the air traffic control center in Aurora, Illinois on fire and kill himself. As soon as the receiver of the message got it they called 911 immediately. He set the fire and right after it was set ablaze workers called 911 saying there was a fire. Firefighters found Howard attempting to kill himself with a knife. He is currently in FBI custody and being questioned.

What do you think should happen to him? Why do you think he did it? 

Link Here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good!

• I think what they did was alright and I agree with it. I think he might of had a medical condition which made him do it. 

• I feel most people just cant handle change, especially at 36 years old, hes probably going through a mid-life-crisis, and thought this was the only option to keep his job. And i believe that they should put him through therapy.

• He could have been going through a mid-life crisis but lighting the place on fire would not let him get his job.

• If he was committing suicide because he was being relocated to Hawaii that makes no sense. I would love to be relocated to Hawaii but maybe he was comfortable in Chicago. 

• He must have been nuts. Everyone in America knows how touchy terrorist threats are in airports. He was asking for trouble by saying what he did.

• I think he just wanted to go out with a bang. he wasn't trying to take innocent lives, he just wanted his death to be noticed. I think it was mostly for attention.

• Why commit suicide in the first place? I mean you are getting relocated to a place almost everyone in the United States wants to go to.

• I think like any other cases he should be indicted and get some sort of therapy or mental health to help solve his problems. I think that he did it because of a mental problem, a way for attention, or like many did it for no known reason. 

• It was probably for no known reason but he might have had a mental condition.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker