Atlanta Bridge Is Falling Down My Fair Lady!

One of the busiest stretches of roadway in America caught a massive fire and collapsed. The fire was reported At 6: 21 pm underneath the bridge on the northbound side and as the bridge stated to collapse at 7:00, authorities had to close down the road and turn cars around during the rush hour before the bridge completely collapsed.

Deal declared a state of emergency for Atlanta and Fulton County late Thursday night. The fire was declared under control at about 8:00 pm but, the bridge collapsing is the bigger problem. 

The lanes of I-85 are more than likely to be closed indefinitely until further notice. It's going to be a serious transportation crisis but the cause of the fire hasn't been determined yet.

read more at

questions:

What do you think caused the fire?

what do you think is going to be more difficult to fix?

I think that it might have been naturally caused and that the biggest issue might be kids getting to school but i think it's better than deaths.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No one can be for sure what could have caused the fire, but maybe it could have been a person on accident. I think the re-routing the traffic is a problem because it is going to take a while to rebuild the bridge. Overall, we don't realize how much we rely on bridges and other types of transportation until they're gone and we have to change habitual routes.

• Who can tell what exactly caused the fire, maybe an unattended campfire gone rampant, or it could have been started by natural causes. If this is one of the busiest roads in America, this will cause quite a transportation crisis, and people will have more trouble getting to work or school and will have to take longer routes until the bridge can be fixed.

• I think that the fire could have possibly been started by someone, not necessarily on purpose. In my opinion, it just doesn't seem like this would start naturally and get out of hand that quickly, but then again who knows. It's going to be hard for transportation purposes because new routes are going to need to be found and that'll possibly result in spending more time on the road and making precautions to get to places on time. 

• I think that someone had to start it because fires don't just start on a bridge there had to be someone with some type of chemical. This is gonna take a long time to fix and a lot of money i don't understand why people would get enjoyment from starting a bridge on fire!

• I think maybe someone could've started it because like a fire couldn't just suddenly start naturally under a bridge. Probably the road itself.

• I'm not sure how a fire would start randomly on a bridge, so I'm not sure what the cause would be. I think fixing the bridge and getting traffic going a different way would be pretty hard to do. 

• I think someone might have started it but also could have been natural causes also it will be hard telling. I think having to fix the bridge quick enough for transportation issues will be the biggest issue to them.

• I think something may have leaked out or power lines, because it seems strange for a fire to just start randomly. I think that biggest problem my be transportation like getting to your job or running your kids to school or getting to your home. 

• It is seemingly odd that a fire as big as this one would start randomly, especially since the fire resided from underneath the bridge. I suspect a pyromaniac or perhaps even a group of them, it couldn’t have been done without the help of someone or some highly flammable chemicals. It would take lots of fuel to be able to do this much damage to an interstate bridge and much more time to rebuild it. Could you imagine how much money this is going to cost?

• I honestly have no idea but I would have to think that someone would have to start the fire because bridges don't just catch fire. I think the bridge is going to be extremely hard to fix but also to find a way to get traffic through fastly is another big issue.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker