Arizona Police Officer Shot in Walmart Parking Lot

Officers that were responding to an assault at a local Walmart in the city of Cottonwood Arizona got into a large fight with multiple suspects. Seven of the eight officers were hurt in some way, shape, or form with either bruising or lacerations, but were mainly just minor injuries. One of the officers was shot and was rushed to the hospital to undergo surgery and is expected to make a full recover, doctors say. One of nine suspects was killed due to a gunshot wound and one other suspect was shot in the abdomen. The suspects are now in custody and will undergo investigation. I think that it is good that they got the situation under control and that none of the officers lost their life. 

What would have been your reaction if you were one of the witnesses?

How would you have handled the situation if you were one of the officers?

For more details on this story click on this  Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good!

• This is pretty crazy that people want to try to kill the people that help them.

• Yeah, the whole situation with ISIS is crazy.

• I would have ran and got others out of the way. If I was an officer I would do anything to keep everyone safe.

• I never thought about getting others out of the way which would probably be a good thing to do. Im fairly sure that the officers were doing their best to keep everybody safe. 

• It seems like natain wide police forces are losing more and more power everyday. It seems like every other week a cops getting shot. Honesty i woudve tried to pull my gun in that situation cause soon as a gun comes into play people  run.   

• It does seem like officers are beginning to be injured or killed more often as of late. Pulling your gun probably wouldn't do much cause the suspects had guns and were ready for a shoot out. I would have called for back up and in the mean time, try to subdue the suspects. 

• I would be gone, I do not want to get shot. I couldn't be an officer cause I am not a violent person. I'm glad the officers are going to be OK and they have the people in custody.

• I wouldnt stay there either, thats for sure. Im glad that the officers are going to be alright as well. 

• I would have ran for my life. Being an officer makes it hard because you cant just leave. I would keep calling back up. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker