Are Zoo's Humane?

Are zoos humane? Yes or no? Zoos and aquariums take care of their animals to make them feel as though they are right at home. Zoos also are required to maintain their health. They also continue to make sure the animals are well fed, that their environment remains clean and healthy for the animals behind the fences. Most certified zoos are ethical and take pride in their loveable friends we all know and love. Zoos are also good at preventing extinction especially now with a sixth mass extinction going on today. A Lot of people don't believe that zoos are ethical and humane so this puts a lot of stress and guilt on the zoo owners which is not good for business. Zoos also help with breeding their animals and bringing them into the wild, talking to the public about conservation and raising money for conservation programs.

I honestly believe that zoos are humane and ethical. I believe it's more of an opinion type question than a research type question and I feel some people should research just to make sure they want to keep their opinion or not. I love going to the zoo. I went like 5 times over the summer to the one in Omaha and I feel the animals are being treated right and being taken care  of correctly, so I do feel the zoos are ethical.

Do you believe zoos are humane and ethical, why or why not?

Do you feel the animals are getting taken care of properly, why or why not?

Do you enjoy going to the zoo?

Sourses:

https://www.americanhumane.org/position-statement/zoos-and-aquariums/#:~:text=Zoos%20and%20aquariums%20have%20an,science%2Dbased%20animal%20welfare%20standards.

https://www.avma.org/javma-news/2002-12-01/it-ethical-keep-animals-zoos

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/what-is-the-sixth-mass-extinction-and-what-can-we-do-about-it#:~:text=The%20planet%20has%20experienced%20five,of%20a%20sixth%20mass%20extinction.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i agree the zoo is a perfect place as they are safe from poachers and humans are safe from the animals 

• I feel that zoos are inhumane but they treat the animals right. I think it probably bothers the animals to be watched all the time. I personally love the zoo.

• i feel that the animals dont feel they are getting whatched 

• I believe that zoo's are good for the animals because some take care of animals that are hurt or sick. After they are in good health they are released into the wild. I don't think that zoo's are inhumane becasue their enclosures are built to replicate their natural habitat.

• yea zoos are good for the animals as they do take care of the animals 

• Personally, most animals in zoos are being treated right. Feeding, medicine, and other care forms. Some zoos may treat animals with disrespect. I believe that if animals in zoos are treated poorly, that zoo should be considered inhumane, and should therefore have higher restraints and restrictions. Inhumane zoos should not be a thing instead those animals should be transported to other zoos.

• i also agree they should make sure the zoo keepers love animals so they know they will take care of them.

• In my opinion, if animals are being treated right and the zoo is caring for them, it is not inhumane. Zoos are great for younger kids, they love to go and see all the animals. I always enjoyed going to the zoo with my family and seeing the cool animals. It is a great way to get the whole family out of the house.

• yeah most zoos love their animals and want whats best for them so they can make a profit.

• I think that if the animals are being treated fairly and are cared for at the zoo then it is not inhumane. I think that zoos are fun to go to and a great expirience for little kids to have.  If the Animals are being fed and taken care of right then I think tha zoos are ethical.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker