Are there more than two genders?

Are there really more than two genders? Lately our younger generations around the world have been evolving, and finding their way into self discovery; some even believe there are  more than two genders. According to Harvard Business Review, 25 percent of all Gen Z around the world have changed their gender identity at least once in their lifetime. In Fact this generation is three times more likely to change their gender identity than older generations.

.Science shows that there are only two gametes, sperm, and egg cells, the two types of sex steroids. Hormone sex steroids play an important role, but all the mechanisms of each of the steroids are not fully understood yet because female and male sex steroids are not as similar.

Personally, I don’t believe there are more than two genders. There is no scientific evidence that there can even be more than two genders. However, I don’t care if others identify as something other than male or female, their life, and decisions, don’t concern me. 

Do you think there are more than two genders? 

Do you know anyone who identifies as something other than male or female?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• So we had this topic twice this week. Your summary is brief overall. Expand a bit more. Good job replyiing to students!

• No, I think that there are only two genders, male and female. I don't know anyone who identifies as something other than a male or female, but they shouldn't be able to. At the end of the day, you are either male or female.

• No there are not more than 2 genders. God made male and female for a reason and it is scientifically proven as well. People that claim there are more are mental and need help. You can't change your gender or make up your own. You are born male or female for a reason.

• I think there are only 2 genders and they can identifie as something else but there are only male and female.  I know of people changing there gender in my grade but i don't get why they think there gender has actually change because you can't change from being either a male or female.

• There are 2 genders. Male or female. Also, if you're born as a female, I believe that your a female. If you're born a male, then you're a male. Now personally, I really don't care what people call themselves, but they can't expect me to follow what they want to be called. They can call themselves whatever, but when I am talking to them, I am going to use the pronouns that I believe they originated from. 

• I believe there are only 2 genders in the world. You're either a male or a female and it's been that way for centuries and hasn't changed till the end of the 20th century. If you wanna change your gender and pick male/female go ahead and change it but don't throw in other genders then those.

• I think there is only 1 gender. You are either boy or girl. And I think people shouldn't be allowed to change their gender. Why would anyone want to change their gender in the first place. I know a couple people that indentify as something else but they are either a boy or a girl

• I don't think there is more then two genders. When humans first became a thing there was just two genders male and female and that was it. There really isn't a way to justify or add anymore genders. I Don't know anyone speciffically that is a different gender but some you can assume they might be but I would'nt fully know. Like I said before I beleive there is only two genders 

• I don't think that they're more than 2 genders. This is because God made a man and a woman. I do fully respect if you want to something else or don't want to be the gender you already are. I don't know anyone speciffically like this but I do know that it is out there all over the world.

• Personally I don't think that there are more than two genders I believe that there is really only male and female but like you said I don't really care to be honest just as long as you don't push it on me. but I also don't understand because there are some people that go unidentified and I just don't get it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker