Are the QR codes necessary?

Starting on October 11, 2022. Teachers introduced a qr code that you have to scan to go to the restroom, office, other classrooms etc. The qr code you scan brings you to a google form that you have to fill out. The form includes name, current class, place, and teacher. This qr code/form is not yet mandatory, but teachers have been implementing this in their classrooms. Students aren't too happy about this. The reason this qr code is now a thing in classrooms is because students have been taking advantage of going to the restroom, and wandering around or wasting time. The problem about this qr code is that some people don't have phones, bad connection, some phones don't scan qr codes, and it takes about two minutes. The two minutes are just a big waste of time, in two minutes you could be there and back.

My opinion on this whole thing is that this qr code should not be implemented into the classrooms. The two minutes that it takes to fill out this form, you could easily be to the restroom and back in that time. I think that it's just a big waste of time. Students could easily make scenes or be dramatic about it. They could just put random stuff on the form or put someone else's name. The thing that sucks about it, is if you don't fill the form out before you leave the class in between periods and you don't make it back in time, you get marked as tarty.   

Do you think this qr code is necessary?

What do you think is the reason we have to scan the qr code?

Do you think the students should have a say in this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice Dru! Two issues. One, it is late. The other is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• I personally do not think that scanning a QR code in order to leave class to go somewhere is necessary. I understand what the school administration is trying to accomplish by creating this new system,  but I don't think that it will actually stop any of the problems they set out to fix. I think that they are trying to stop people from spending so much time just hanging out in the bathroom and/or causing more trouble. 

• I don't think this QR code is necessary because that is what sign out sheets are for. These QR code forms take about 2-5 minutes to complete and is a waste of time. In that time segment that it takes to complete that I could be back from the bathroom or on the way back. Also, getting up to scan the QR code can be a distraction to the rest of the class.

• I understand why this is being implemented in our school, but I believe that his qr code is unecessary. Teachers have mentioned multiple times in my classes that they are aware of who the students are who are abusing their freedom to leave during class, so why punish everyone? I think that teachers need to understand that the qr code only complicates things further, rather than attempting to solve the problem. 

• I think QR codes are going to do nothing. It won't tell anyone how long they were in the bathroom. And if you just need to fill up your water bottle. You need to fill out the form that takes longer to fill out then actually filling up your water. But I think the reason is to catch that kids that skipping class and vaping or just staying in the bathroom all hour. I think student should have a say. It's their fault for missing class. So it's there own learning they're taking away

• I personally believe that the QR codes are not really necessary because it will not really stop anything and is just a huge inconvenance for the students. I also think that it is so stupid how we have to get our phones out scan the thing do the Email then put our phones back just to go to the bathroom.

• I really don't think the qr codes are really nessasary, I don't understand why we need to tell the office everytime we leave the classroom, it takes way too long and most of the time I don't have service in the classroom. 

• No, I don't. To be honest I think it's quite dumb. People could be in the bathroom and doing there bussiness in half the time it take to scan and fill these little google forms out. We have to scan the QR codes out and fill the form out so teachers can keep track of who is coming and going to the bathroom everyday. And to keep track of who is using it the right way, and who is not. 

• I don't believe that the qr codes are very necessary just for the fact that it takes so much time to do and you could be done by the time you finish the qr code. I think the many reason we have the qr codes are from kids skipping class every period and not have to do or they think they don't have to do as much learning.

• I don't really see why we need it. They are mostly doing to have data when they are calling people out for messing around and not going to the batroom. When they call a student out, they need proof, not just the taechers words against the students. I think that it is unfair for the students, mainly because there are some students (like me for example) who have phones that can't scan QR codes. I can't fix that, and also, we are in highschool, and there are some pretty imature kids in our school, who would easily put random stuff in there, just for fun. I don't think they thought it through very much, and they just threw something together. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker