A girraffe at the Animal Adventure Park in Harupursville New York is expecting to give birth any day now. The giraffe named April has been on constant watch from the internet on the arrival of her fourth child. There have been several updates on her condition, including that she hasn't been eating, which is a sign of labor. The father of the baby, named Oliver, has been said to not be apart of the current birthing situation. The parents are in separate pens. Although the baby has not been born yet they are sure it will come soon.

Why do you think the internet is so pumped about the new delivery?

Do you think April will be okay after her long days of birth?

The internet enjoys making a big deal out of small things so this baby is just another thing people like. If anything I think the baby and the park will benefit from the publicity. I think April will be just fine after the ordeal as she has already gone through it many times. 

Full Story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• What do you think of as bad that has happened? Do you think people use April as a stress relief system?

• I think that everyone is pumped, because everyone like to here about when famous animals give birth. I think that she would be okay, because she would have help from humans if she needs it.

• Everyone likes to talk about and see baby animals and when a baby giraffe is about to be born, that will make the internet crazy. I'm sure that she will be ok after this birth of her fourth baby but if she hadn't had any babies yet in her life, I would be more worried, but she knows what she's doing.

• After all the horrible news and political disputes, announcements regarding a birth of a giraffe would surely grow a few smiles. People love baby animals and it isn’t very often that we see a live broadcasts of animal births, especially giraffes. It seems she may be alright, considering she’s already given birth several times. However, sometimes it doesn’t matter how much experience you have, I do hope she doesn’t get hurt.

• I hope so too! It's always sad when an animal dies. She's been in labor for a very long time so who knows if this will affect her or her baby. Do you think people are using April and her baby as a sort of safety blanket or distraction?

• I think the internet is so pumped because people get excited even over the little things. I think that maybe there could be a small chance of something going wrong, but other than that I think that she will be okay. 

• I think that everyone is excited because baby animals are super cute.  She will probably have a while for recovery, but I hope that April  will be okay and can enjoy being with her new baby!

• I think that the internet is so pumped because what human doesn't love babies. All type of babies cause people to get over excited (which I am one of those people) and since they have it live they get excited they will be able to witness it. I think April will be okay because if she wan't going to be okay I don't think they would have this broadcast. I think they will be keeping a close eye on her after her birth just to make sure that she will be okay. 

• Why do you think they wouldn't have the broadcast? Do you think it would be educational for people if she died? It would be really sad if she died. 

• I think that the internet likes this because it isn't common for giraffes to just be born and with this happening people will like to make a big deal of it. I believe April will be okay because she has done this 3 other times and also there is a lot of people looking after her. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker