Animal Testing

Millions of different pets and animals are used every year just in the United States for different testing. They lock animals up and force them to eat, they inject different chemicals and drugs into their skin, and they are forced to inhale different things. Animals that get tested get exposed to different drugs and chemicals that can make them sick, give them very bad disseases, put them in very bad pain, or kill them. Usually the animals will stay there until they die. They usually get killed after the expirement so that they can get looked at to see how the test worked out. 

Some pros of animal testing are that it has improved and saved the lives of millions of people. It has also benefited plenty of businesses and researchers. It helps make sure that humans stay safe and it puts no human lives at risk. Also it helps with the odds of people sueing businesses for their products. 

Cons of animal testing are that more than 110 million animals are tortured to death and killed in labs for different testings that don't always work and aren't even 90% accurate. It's inhumane to lock the animals down in place, poke them in the eyes and mouth, slice at there skin, and much worse. There are so many people worried about animal abuse and hurting animals but then they buy things that have been animal tested and sometimes they don't even understand how badly it hurts the animals. 

In my opinion I think there are so many things not okay about animal testing. Why would you want to purposely torture animals for information that isn't even 100% accurate. When I think about it I think about if it were my pet. The animals that are getting killed are there sometimes from birth until they die and they never even did anything wrong or to hurt anyone. 

Do you think there is a better way to test products?

Should animal testing be considered as animal abuse?

Do you think animal testing should be illegal?

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=unoL%20%2F%20iStock.com-,How%20many%20animals%20are%20used%20in%20experiments%20each%20year%3F,in%20the%20U.S.%20or%20worldwide.

https://www.hsi.org/news-media/about/

https://blog.biobide.com/benefits-of-animal-testing-how-ethical-testing-aids-research#:~:text=Testing%20on%20animals%20has%20saved,muscular%20dystrophy%2C%20and%20Parkinson's%20disease.

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/animals-used-experiments-faq#:~:text=Animals%20are%20typically%20killed%20once,killed%20in%20laboratories%20every%20year.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/animals-used-experimentation-factsheets/animal-experiments-overview/#:~:text=Each%20year%2C%20more%20than%20110,%2C%20food%2C%20and%20cosmetics%20testing.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opinon, I think animal testing should come to an end. People are hurting innocent animals and its absolutely devastating. If they absolutely have to test on animals, why don't they choose an invasive species such as rats/mice, instead of house pets like rabbits and dogs? Animal testing is most definitely animal abuse, they burn there skin and insides and for what? It's absolutely ridiculous.

• they do use rats and mice and invasive species a lot more than house pets and forwhat?! Are you kidding me?! It's to keep us safe from the products.

• I think animal testing is very neccesary for testing things like medicane and unknown substances. I know that its not excatly ethical to test animals however but its neccesary becasue it the things they are testing could kill humans.

• I think that animal testing is very messed up and if their isn’t one already their should be another way to test things. Yes, I do think that animal testing should be considered animal abuse. They put animals in danger just to test them with something that is always 100% accurate. Yes, animals testing should be illegal. Eventhough they were made so that they could be tested it is still unfair to them, and it wouldn’t have to be like that if they just let them live there life in the outside world. 

• I agree that animal testing is messed up and it does put animals in danger to test them with something not always right. I agree that it is unfair and should be illegal and although sometimes they were bread to be tested they aren't on earth to be tested. 

• I think that this should not be around this is horrible to think this is okay there is a different way that this could be done I feel that this is different should be animal abuse and I believe this should be illegal this is a dumb act and very violent. I belave this is the worst thing ever. 

• I agree that it shouldn't be around and with how much technology we're getting we should make it a priority to fix. Also it should be illegal and it's unfair to the animals especially with how many brands do perfectly ok without needing animal testing.

• I think certain animals that serve no purpose could be used for testing. I think that it is good to get test results from animals cause they are most alike to humans. I think that rats are good animals to test on. They are a nuisance and do not help much at all. 

• I don't agree with animal testing. Some of the tests are just cruel. It has benefits for researchers and businesses but with today's technology, they can find a different solution. I do consider animal testing to be animal abuse and I think that something should be done about it.

• I agree with you that animal testing isn't good and can be very cruel. I agree with you that it has benefited researchers, and there is probably a way we could test things and a different way without hurting anyone with new technology we just need it to be seen as a priority so people will do something to fix it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker