Andrew Tate's Rise to Fame

If you have opened Tik Tok in the last couple of months, you have definitely seen Andrew Tate. If you don’t know who he is, he was a professional kickboxer who has blown up on Tik Tok because of his controversial views. Recently he has been banned from different social media platforms.

Andrew Tate was born in Washington D.C. on December 14th, 1986. He found his way onto the internet when he became a kickboxer in 2005. He would go on to win 17 out of his 19 fights. He also appeared on the show Big Brother in 2016. He was only on set for 6 days after being kicked off of the show. The reason being, a video of him beating a woman with a belt was posted on the internet.

Even after all of this, Andrew got back online. He put out an affiliate marketing program known as “Hustlers University” in 2021. The site would teach subscribers how to make money. However, the site wasn’t cheap, subscribers had to pay 50 dollars a month. Andrew would begin to blow up all over the internet a year later.

Out of nowhere clips of Andrew would be posted all over Tik Tok. He would become known as “The Top G.” In some of the clips, he would be saying controversial things. Some of these things included his traditional way of thinking. Like him believing that women belong in the kitchen and men should provide for them. Others would talk about good lessons like not vaping and being a mentally strong person. Recently, Andrew's accounts have been deleted by many social media accounts because of his controversial behavior.

All in all, I don’t think I know enough information about all of his many teachings to make an opinion about him. I think that some of the things he says are a little outlandish. However, I think he has good lessons in some of them too. I agree with his thinking of needing to be strong and having drive.

Questions

Do you think that Andrew Tate deserved the ban, Why?

Do you like or dislike Andrew Tate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Tate 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/24/technology/andrew-tate-banned-tiktok-instagram.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I haven't heard much about Andrew Tate but the things I've heard were really bad. In my opinion, he definetly deserved the ban. The things he said about women are just not ok at all. No one should be treated like he said. The ban was very reasonable because these videos probably have a big impact on young people. And I don't think that we should raise the next generation with these kind of beliefs. 

• First of all, I've seen and heard many things about him. His opinions on vapes, he's especially popular with his slander on women. I think its pathetic that he's even alive, I mean sure he's said some "educational things" but Andrew Tate is not "Top G" because he has too big of an ego and is a mysoginistic jerk. Second of all, women should be able to do what they want with their bodies in my personal opinon. And just because a woman is dating a man does not mean that he owns her, a woman is not to be treated as a slave, they're just as strong, or stronger than most men in history. And I know stating my opinion won't really make a difference because most of the guys in our grade have most of the beliefs as Andrew Tate does. So from my opinons, yes you can probably make out that I believe he did deserve the ban. 

• Yes, I think that some of the things he says is pretty messed up, but those kind of things sell. He would not have gotten as big as he has from saying respectful things. His whole persona is not caring and being a tough guy. Most of it is messed up and shouldn't be listened to though.

• I don't know much about Andrew Tate but from what I heard he does not seem like a good person. The websites that banned him have every right to do so. From what I have read he says things that completely degrade women as a whole.

• I do not like andrew tate because he is very sexist and degrads women and thinks that "they should be put in there place" and its just not ok yes he does say some good stuff but still it doens't matter because even if you say some good things that doens't change who they are or how they act towards other people.

• Yes, Andrew does say some sexist things, but I think that a lot of it is just for attention. A clip of someone saying outlandish things will most likely get more attention than a clip of someone being a good person. I don't really know how he has treated people face to face but his internet persona isn't very good.

• peronaly I belive that he does deserve the ban because he is not a good man and the things he thinks is ok is not ok. yes he does inspire many people but then again do you really want a whole bunch of andrew tates walking around thinking that its ok for a man to beat a women because she didn't make him dinner or didn't do what he asked. all in all I think that he deservese it because he does not belong on the internet because he has the power to inprint on younger generations.

• No, Andrew Tate has changed many lifes and has made boys into stong being men. Andrew tate is not just a insperation but a story teller who is the real deal. I can go on and on about him, he has done said so many things that are true. He is the only man who has the guts to speak the truth about life. TOP G

• I agree with you. Andrew has some things he says that are wrong, but he can also say beneficial things. He has taught some good lessons to young men like being strong. He is one of the only real people on social media. He says what he wants because he doesn't care.

• Andrew has given many people good and useful advice to help them with their life. But I personally do not like Andrew because of his words and actions these past few months. He has degraded several women online and tried to "put women where they belong." I think it's extremely important to not have someone like him on the internet. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker