After 13 years Mr. and Mrs. Turpin were busted last weekend for child abuse in Perris, California. The Turpins locked up all 13 of their children in their basement. They were chained to their bed. They go to eat one meal a day and showered once a year. They were beaten and choked and had not access to a bathroom. Last Sunday one of the girl escaped and called 911. In court the Turpins plead not guilty. They were charged with more than 3 dozen charges. The charges could get them 94 years in jail up to life in jail. Their bail was set at 12 billion.

Source 1

Source 2

Questions
1. If you were Mr. or Mrs. Turpin would you plead guilty or not guilty? why?
2. Do you think the Turpins should be charged with less time in jail? or do you think they should keep it as 94-life.
3. If you were one of the children how would you feel after this?

My Opinion
1. I would plead guilty and get admit what i did was wrong.
2. I think they should get charge for life for what they did to their children.
3. I would be happy that my parents were getting locked up for what they did. but also, I would be scared to see what would happen to my siblings and I.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Overall, well done. I do think your summary could be a bit longer and be sure to comment on three different days.

• I would tell the truth, because lying about something like this is nothing to joke about. I think there needs to be some serious punishment for this because of what they did to their children. I would feel safe and somewaht happy becasue they were so cruel and they dont deserve anything else for what they did. 

• Guilty. Just tell the truth and get it over with. It's better to tel the truth because not telling it can lead to further damage. 

No. He deseves it. for what he has done is horriable and he needs to learn his lesson. I think the people are doing the right thing.

I would tell everyone that this happned I would not let this get by if I were one of them. 

• I would plead gulty because of all the abuse and neglect I would have put my own children through for that amount of time. I think they should get sentence for life because they basically took their own childrens life away, so why should they get more time in their own life. I would feel happy, because the people that hurt me were getting punished for what they did and I could finally be free and live my own life.

• They were treated for over 90 years in prison then that is a life sentence for sure and nobody is going to pay 12 bilion for their bail so they got exactly what they deserved. That is terrible what they do to those children.

• I think they should be charged for life because of how they treated their children. If i was one of those kids, I would be so relieved to be out of that so I could start a new life, but it would also be difficult to gain trust for people.

• i agree that they should stay in jail for life. no child should be treated like that.  I aslo would be relieved and most likely wouldnt trust anyone.  I would most likey stay to myself and be happy alone

• I would plead guilty because all the children are witnesses and what they did was obviously child abuse. I think they should keep the charge the same for time in jail because they basically stole 13 years of some of their children's lives away from them and were basically punishing them that entire which is too severe. I would feel traumatized afterwards thinking about what could've been but been greatly happy because of the new life I could pursue.

• No I wouldn't because there is so much evidence against you there is no point. I think they should just instnaly get life beacuse they are obviously crazy especially since one of their kids actually had to call the police on them. I would probably be greatful to get out of there.

• 1. If is were them I wouldn't have done it at all, but if I was to that point of pshyco then I would plead guilty even though it wouldn't do anything but lower the jail time and maybe the bail.

2. To be honest I think they should get put on the death penalty, but thats just me and my opinion.

3.  I would feel relieved after all that time, but I would have so many questions too.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker