After 13 years Mr. and Mrs. Turpin were busted last weekend for child abuse in Perris, California. The Turpins locked up all 13 of their children in their basement. They were chained to their bed. They go to eat one meal a day and showered once a year. They were beaten and choked and had not access to a bathroom. Last Sunday one of the girl escaped and called 911. In court the Turpins plead not guilty. They were charged with more than 3 dozen charges. The charges could get them 94 years in jail up to life in jail. Their bail was set at 12 billion.

Source 1

Source 2

Questions
1. If you were Mr. or Mrs. Turpin would you plead guilty or not guilty? why?
2. Do you think the Turpins should be charged with less time in jail? or do you think they should keep it as 94-life.
3. If you were one of the children how would you feel after this?

My Opinion
1. I would plead guilty and get admit what i did was wrong.
2. I think they should get charge for life for what they did to their children.
3. I would be happy that my parents were getting locked up for what they did. but also, I would be scared to see what would happen to my siblings and I.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that you should admit you had done something wrong.I also agree that they should get life because they made their kids life bad and have had them locked up for most of it

• bump

• 1. Besides the  fact that I could never act like they did, I would probably plead guilty to have at least a little better conscience.

2. I agree with you. They should definitely get charged with a long time in jail. If it is 50, 60, 70 years or lifetime, doesn't matter to me because then they probably won't be alive anymore or too old to do something similar to this.

3. I don't really know if these children know the real world and if they would act like I would. Assuming I would be one of them, I would not want to see anyone of my family again. Even if my siblings have never done something wrong, I would not want to be around them anymore. Forgetting this time of my life would be the best for me, I guess.

• If I was Mr Turpin I would plead guilty for doing wrong. They did an awful thing to these kids you deserve to be punished. I think they should keep it had 94 years in jail. They definetly don't deserve less they did an awful crime. I would be very scared and sad. But I would be glad to see my parents to be locked up for what they did wrong.

• I would plead guilty. There's plenty of evidence to prove they did it. The kids are really malnourished and can rcount what happened in the house. I think they should serve life. They endangered the lives of 12 children. I would feel terrible if I was one of the kids, starved and deprived of love.

• I too would feel terrible if anything to a child like that. its not okay for you to treat anyone one like that espically you own child. i want to know what in their mind told them or made them think that it was okay to do that

• I would plead guilty because you would already be known for the abuse. I think the jail time should stay as 94 years to lifetime because it is not right to do that to children, or anyone of any age. If I were one of the children I would probably need to go through a lot of therapy because I wouldn't know anything other than abuse, but I would also be happy because I would finally be out of the family. I might be able to be adopted into a new family that would treat me right. 

• I would plead not guilty because if there is a chance that they somehow find other evidence then you might as well take it. I think that they should get life in jail because they almost completelly ruined the life of their kids. I would feel relieved that I am finally free.

• I would admit that I had done that. I would consider myself as a ´sick´ being and deserve to be put in jail for decades and decades. I wouldn´t feel a thing, probably. After so many years of being emotionally and pysically abused, I would need a lot of therapy to even begin the emotion 'happy.'

• i think the right thing to do is to plead guilty too. i would consider myself the same. i would want my kids to get away from me. I dont think i would ever be "happy" too my mind would be to curupt 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker