Abu Dhabi's new super mall!

"Build it and they will come?" Is the big question being asked right now. On a man-made Island is a new super mall! It has nice fountains inside that shot up water, new giant plasma TVs everywhere what's better than that? All of that with shoppers. In November Abu Dhabi's 235,000 square meter mall plans on opening there doors. There thinking 20 MILLION visitors a year. The Abu Dhabi Super Mall has 400 stores in it! Making it the second shopping Complex in the United Arab Emirates. In 2009 they were debt thousands of what US dollars would be. I like shopping and all being a girl, but I don't think that we need a mall that big with the way things are going. People are proposing that years down the road all malls will be shut down and only outlet malls will be left.

Do you think this will get far with the economy going the way it is? Would you go if you lived near? Why or why not?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/09/business/abu-dhabis-new-super-mall/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to proofread as there are some errors in your summary. Good job overall. Also be sure to hyperlink correctly.

• I think it's dumb to have a mall with that many stores in it.$ 

• I think it's stupid to build a mall with 400 stores because I only need like 5 to shop in. Spending that much money is just a non smart thing to do for the economy. 

• I don't think so with such high expectations, with the money that we have in the economy, I don't think it is possible. I think that if something that big were around here, it would be very cool, so I would visit it because I am interested in business and it would allow many different job opportunities. 

• I don't think they should've spent that much time and money on the mall. 400 stores is way to much. I might go if I lived near to check it out but I wouldn't go all the time. I thin the economy will catch up to them.

• Yes i think the economy will get that far and no probably wouldn't because it would be to crowded and i don't like to shop

• For being a girl I don't really like shopping either. For the people who do 400 stores is still way to many though, don't you think?

• I mean if you have the money and the time, I think this mall will go far. I would definitely go to the mall if I lived near it, I love to go shopping! 

• I have to say no to both, with the economy still being the way it is I don't think anyone but the rich and or famous would be able to afford this. If I lived near I still don't think I would go because things just cost to much these days, and no doubt this malls prices are going to be through the roof.

• Yes, and the least amount of people that go the more that the stores will go bankrupt. I completely agree.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker